Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wisdom only, the rest need not apply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default wisdom only, the rest need not apply

Kit version
VP hubs, knucks, tie rod and link
7954 sh servo
16t Crawlmaster
BR-XL Torquemaster
3s lipos

Took it out for it's maiden voyage today. I've toyed with the esc settings a little. Adjusted the braking to keep it from doing front flips when I stop. I've got an ounce in each wheel and the battery up front. Stock shocks riding nice and high, if I get tired of it being on it's lid I'll make some adjustments. Overall I was pleased with the performance. Just wanted to get some input from anyone with a similar setup, specifically the 16t motor. Gearing, tranny, diffs, pinion, slipper? Any other input is welcome also.

Last edited by Duxx; 08-26-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: To correct something, why else.....
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: wisdom only, the rest need not apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
Kit version
VP hubs, knucks, tie rod and link
7954 sh servo
16t Crawlmaster
BR-XL Torquemaster
3s lipos

Took it out for it's maiden voyage today. I've toyed with the esc settings a little. Adjusted the braking to keep it from doing front flips when I stop. I've got an ounce in each wheel and the battery up front. Stock shocks riding nice and high, if I get tired of it being on it's lid I'll make some adjustments. Overall I was pleased with the performance. Just wanted to get some input from anyone with a similar setup, specifically the 16t motor. Gearing, tranny, diffs, pinion, slipper? Any other input is welcome also.
You need to be more specific, what exactly do you want to know?
AR Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I got tired of mine being on it's lid. Went to shorter shocks first. Big help but needed a little more. Next was Beef Tubes http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles...s-finally.html and a solid lockers ( you can read the great locker debate usually on page 1). Tough and puts some weight in the axles. Now no more wheel weights. Lots of gearing info in the motor sticky. Enjoy!
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

x1 on the need more specifics especially for gearing. I can say if you are just worried about being on your lid, I would agree that the shocks will help out alot there. the Gmade XD piggybacks are fully adjustable so you could play around untill you got it right for the way you drive and your terrain. I have them and love them. They also look awesome
Crawlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Wisdom fellas! Help me make some improvements using the mistakes you've learned from. What are some gearing options with this 16t motor to make it perform better on the trail without sacrificing too much of the top end I'm enjoying? I was told 32p are going to be a must but to be careful because the wrong setup is gonna make the motor run too hot.

Also, thinking of installing the VP axles and trusses and eliminating some of the weight in the tires.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'd check out the thread by Harley that goes over all of those things. He's done a great job putting together the guide based on everything we've all learned.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Old guy

Quote:
Wisdom fellas! Help me make some improvements using the mistakes you've learned from. What are some gearing options with this 16t motor to make it perform better on the trail without sacrificing too much of the top end I'm enjoying? I was told 32p are going to be a must but to be careful because the wrong setup is gonna make the motor run too hot.

Also, thinking of installing the VP axles and trusses and eliminating some of the weight in the tires.
Here's some wisdom

Wraith Beginners Guide

Choosing a motor and ESC for your Wraith - Gearing Added!

Wraith Kit Build - Page by Page Video Series.

Here's even some pics to look at.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...e-archive.html

your welcome in advance
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Great info I'm sure. If I ever find myself with a few free hours I'll sift through it all. Thanks for putting that all together for me though.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Great info I'm sure. If I ever find myself with a few free hours I'll sift through it all. Thanks for putting that all together for me though.
teach a man to fish...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If I ever find myself with a few free hours I'll sift through it all.
Dont bother.. Just start a new thread about every question that comes to your mind and see how that works out for ya
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Dont bother.. Just start a new thread about every question that comes to your mind and see how that works out for ya
No time, starting a thread with detailed pics and step by step notations about my wraith kit build. JIC anyone on here has never seen one put together before....

On a serious tip though, is there some info on different bevel gears for the front and rear? Something to help eliminate some of the torque twist? Maybe without criticizing my lack of desire to search for info myself one of you comedians can kindly point me in the right direction?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
my lack of desire to search for info myself ?
ya thats the way to go well I can give you a few words, but these words are useless unless you search, enjoy
O/U
Tranny flip
Link setting
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote

wisdom only, the rest need not apply - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspension wisdom muddinscx Axial SCX-10 2 06-09-2012 11:10 AM
Need your ideas apply with in....... hende Non Crawler RC's 2 09-11-2010 06:39 PM
under 21 need nort apply... EeeeePeeee toyofast Chit Chat 19 08-11-2007 09:24 AM
Get your Wisdom Here... run2jeepn Chit Chat 1 07-14-2007 09:35 PM