Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: 1.9 wraith CMS help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 1.9 wraith CMS help

I'm having a bit of an issue with my front linkage on my 1.9 wraith and I was hoping someone might have some insight.

The setup I have is:

Level3 csm modified so the servo horn is on the bottom
Hand brs axle bracket and panhard
G-transition shocks in droop ( lots of down travel)

My issue is if I only have one upper link the axel has a lot of side to side movement in the travel. I understand that there will be some, but this is much more than I would have thought... Normal or no? Is it possible that my panhard is too long?

I tried throwing the other upper link back in and stopped the lateral movment, but I'm concerned about it binding....seems ok, but from what I have read you shouldn't run panhard and 4 link. Plus with both uppers it pushes the axel off center.

Any thoughs?
UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: 1.9 wraith CMS help

If you have both uppers on and the panhard pushed the axle off center, sound like the panhard is to long, try a shorter one and remove one of the upper links, trial and error is gonna be your friend on this. Not to many use the level 3 cms kit, especially in a 1.9 configuration.
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

My issue with the level 3 was the lack of static mounting on both the scx10 and Wraith. I'll definitely try this.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'll try a shorter panhard. I have bent ends on it now to limit the binding, but I'll try with short striaght ends. So am I correct in taking the drivers side upper link out?

I went with the level 3 because its easier to mod than the VP. I have the plate facing down and the hole line up with the vertical frame members. I have the proline jeep body so with the standard configuration the servo horn hits the body.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

There's your problem you didn't want to spend the money. Just spend the extra money and buy. Yeah i can make a lot of things but this i couldn't make.. Using vp cms mount for wraith and a hand bros axial mount for AX AXLES.

Suspension extended

Suspension compressed

Last edited by special agent; 10-27-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: more info
special agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by special agent View Post
There's your problem you didn't want to spend the money. Just spend the extra money and buy. Yeah i can make a lot of things but this i couldn't make.. Using vp cms mount for wraith and a hand bros axial mount for AX AXLES.
The VP mount won't work for me, as I stated before, because the servo horn would interfere with the body. It has nothing to do with the cost. And I already have the hand brothers mount...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedJDB View Post
I'm having a bit of an issue with my front linkage on my 1.9 wraith and I was hoping someone might have some insight.

The setup I have is:

Level3 csm modified so the servo horn is on the bottom
Hand brs axle bracket and panhard
G-transition shocks in droop ( lots of down travel)

My issue is if I only have one upper link the axel has a lot of side to side movement in the travel. I understand that there will be some, but this is much more than I would have thought... Normal or no? Is it possible that my panhard is too long?

I tried throwing the other upper link back in and stopped the lateral movment, but I'm concerned about it binding....seems ok, but from what I have read you shouldn't run panhard and 4 link. Plus with both uppers it pushes the axel off center.

Any thoughs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedJDB View Post
The VP mount won't work for me, as I stated before, because the servo horn would interfere with the body. It has nothing to do with the cost. And I already have the hand brothers mount...
Im still trying to find where you said something about A BODY INTERFERE AND ABOUT WHAT BODY YOU GOT?? WHY NOT POST A PIC OF IT!!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The post right above yours..... It's the proline rubicon body. I'll post a pic when I can, but I'm away for the weekend.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I just see a truck.. It doesn't show me your links.. Post a pic of how i did and how much articulation you got..
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Here are some pics. I'm not sure if this tells much, but you can see that the axel is pushed over the drivers side and when the axle drops the passenger side gets help up a bit. When it rotates around the center point it seems OK, but there is still some binding. This is probably due to the 4link , but as I said before the 3 link set up seemed really sloppy.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Oh I should mention that it was suggested to me to switch back to an axle mounted servo, but I haven't had time to see if I can make it work with my link length. Has anyone has success with this set up and what mods did you have to do to the chassis to make it work?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Any more input??
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I ended up moding the frame to make some room for the servo, and mounted it on the axle. Much better performance!
Old 06-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I am running the VP cms mount, and my own link setup and the panhard is mounted to the top of my knuckle. I have bump steer but it works for me
minicrawlerguy530 is offline   Reply With Quote

1.9 wraith CMS help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith CMS Question..? Big Tex Axial Wraith 12 07-01-2012 12:19 PM