Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: shock problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default shock problem

Hi,

I guess this may be a general shock issue -- if so, please move to correct forum.

I am rebuilding my shocks (stock plastic) due to minimal leaking. I followed the manual instructions as well as doing it the "bender" way via axial web site blog post on wraith build. I have also watch the build videos by fasteddy. I am unable to get the shock built properly.

When I "bleed" and screw on the cap, the piston won't cycle. It is very stiff. The piston without the cap on, cycles smoothly. I then did it the "bender" way, where you push the shaft down then screw down. However, when holding the shaft down and screwing down, when cap reaches the seal, the seal blows it out. I am unable to consistently build via bender way and have each shock behaves the same when cycling.

I have spend multi hours on this and was wondering if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

on a side setup note, I read through beginners guide and bullet proof guide. When I flip the front shock mount over and move the upper to the inner hole, the front barely has any travel left once the car sags down. Is this normal? I am running purple springs. I know some suggests black -- which is even softer, but, I am surprised you would get any travel at all with black since it would just sag completely down.

I am sure I doing this wrong. But, I am unable to find info on what I am doing wrong.

I wasted so much oil I am afraid that I may run out LOL.

Thanks for the help
dirtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

shock problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shock build problem redbones Axial Wraith 4 10-05-2011 03:50 AM
shock problem rc demons Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 02-17-2011 08:27 AM
Shock problem Jnl1105 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 09-05-2010 08:37 PM
Shock cap problem... or not? 85V8XJ Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 10-12-2007 09:37 PM
savage shock problem wheeler General Crawlers 9 01-30-2005 05:38 PM