Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: CKRC driveshaft replacement parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.
Default CKRC driveshaft replacement parts?

I know, I know; I should've listened! Don't buy CKRC stuff, a lot of you said! I was upgrading everything on my Wraith to make it durable as possible and at the same time, trying to keep the cost down. It seemed like the CKRC center shafts were pretty beefy for the price. Despite using loktite, I still managed to lose the pin and the nut that goes through the part that attatches to the axle output shaft. I emailed CKRC and explained the problem and inquired if a rebuild kit was available. Their answer was basically that there was no rebuild kit available and basically that I was out of luck. How can they offer this without the ability to rebuild it? I guess I am out of luck. Does anyone know the sizes of these parts and if any exist perhaps for a different vehicle that would fit. They look very similar to the to the MIP shafts, but are not the same. I have a set of those on my ax-10 and I'll probably put them on the Wraith. I anyone can shed some light on my issue, please post and let me know......
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CKRC driveshaft replacement parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXMASHER View Post
I know, I know; I should've listened! Don't buy CKRC stuff, a lot of you said! I was upgrading everything on my Wraith to make it durable as possible and at the same time, trying to keep the cost down. It seemed like the CKRC center shafts were pretty beefy for the price. Despite using loktite, I still managed to lose the pin and the nut that goes through the part that attatches to the axle output shaft. I emailed CKRC and explained the problem and inquired if a rebuild kit was available. Their answer was basically that there was no rebuild kit available and basically that I was out of luck. How can they offer this without the ability to rebuild it? I guess I am out of luck. Does anyone know the sizes of these parts and if any exist perhaps for a different vehicle that would fit. They look very similar to the to the MIP shafts, but are not the same. I have a set of those on my ax-10 and I'll probably put them on the Wraith. I anyone can shed some light on my issue, please post and let me know......
Yep, you know now.

Maybe measure the hardware with calipers and buy replacement online? If you're breaking stock shafts nuy some MIPs or do Crawler Innovations Maxx Shaft setup.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah, CKRC lost another customer for life. They were just matter of fact and blunt in their return e-mail. Sorry there's not a rebuild kit available. Most reputable companies would review my order history and send the piece I need. Nope, sorry. Plenty of other companies I can throw money at. In fact, on the same rig, I installed a set of Axial universal axles and managed to break one side in less than 24 hours. I sent an e-mail to Axial showing them the broken piece along with pics of my three Axial vehicles. No response.......THREE days later, a brand new set of universals was at my front door!! Probably what I'll do is put my MIP's on the Wraith, and use the CKRC rear shaft on my AX-10, along with a modded stock Wraith driveshaft on the front. That rear shaft will get loktite, shrink wrap, tape, and whatever else I can think of to make sure nothing comes loose again!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Wow. That sucks. I had a link on my blog to them as a vendor. Ignorance is now cured, and the link is now gone.

On a hijack (cough, cough) ... I mean side note. I bought a Radio/Receiver Combo and an extra receiver from RC4WD. The throttle on the radio wouldn't do anything. I procrastinated on bringing the matter up, then told them about it later. They told me to ship it back to them. A month later, I shipped it back. (Work gets pretty hectic and time to get to the post office is scarce) It never arrived! So we go rounds in emails... I lost the receipt from the post office with the tracking number on it. Actually, I think my kiddos managed to lose it. They love playing at my hobby station when I'm at work... You want to know what they did???? They gave me a store credit. Can you believe that??? They would have been well within their rights to tell me to get bent, and they gave me a store credit! I've spent a ton of money with them, and unless their customer service takes a major nose dive, I will continue to do service with them for the foreseeable future. And that's not all... I was trying to drill out the pin holes out on the one of the axles from my Micro T-Rex RC4WD axles (they were too narrow). The steel was so hard that I melted a cobalt bit in the shaft and ruined it. That, in turn, ruined one of the bearings. I wrote them and explained what happened. They sold me all of the replacement parts and shipped them out quickly. GREAT customer service at RC4WD!!!
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ok try a numbered drill bit as a pin. Find the diameter out with the other pin still in the axle. Match it with the closest numbered drill bit. Cut it to size. Then the grub screw is easy. Find the thread pitch and order a grub screw.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty View Post
Ok try a numbered drill bit as a pin. Find the diameter out with the other pin still in the axle. Match it with the closest numbered drill bit. Cut it to size. Then the grub screw is easy. Find the thread pitch and order a grub screw.
What he said.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

If you talking about the driveshafts. I have the ckrc driveshafts and I used the screws that came with the wraith and ordered more in case I lost some p/n is axa0175.

Steve
Steve p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I had this issue with the venom axles spitting out or breaking pins
I found the numbered drill bits were harder and broke less. I got 4 to 6 pins out of a bit.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I didn't just lose the pin. I also somehow managed to lose the piece inside of the part that connects to the outdrive shaft that the pin runs through. If it was just the pin I lost, it wouldn't be a big deal. Without that piece, the shaft is unusable. Not even sure what it is called, so I don't know what to search for to try to replace it. The size is bigger than the stock wraith piece and smaller than the MIP's counterpart. Just a bit disgusted at the moment. It seems every time I run this truck, I break something else. I keep getting stronger and stronger servos as well, and I break one just about every time I run it. My latest servo to give up the ghost is a Hobbico cs-150 rated at 200 oz. with metal gears. I think I'm going to quit screwing around and get a Hitec HS-7950TH. TITANIUM gears with 400 oz. of torque. Found some on ebay for $140 w/shipping. A rebuild kit, and the Hobbico will find a new home in my Slash.....Also, if you plan on getting Hot Racing links, just go ahead and buy Axial ends for them, because the balls will not stay in.....I never learn....
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

CKRC sucks , there right down the road from us, know us well, spent a lot of dough there. the same thing with my CHEAP ASS ckrsuc drivrlines. had them on 2 batts and wore a gruve in the pin slot no both of them. now the pin binds and walks. its a 2mm pin u can get a titanium drill bit and cut to size. but they still suck. have a couple buddys that have them to , same prob. not reliable and will leave you hanging. NEVER SUPPORT CKRC THEY WONT SUPPORT YOU
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #11

Had the same issue with my ckrc drive shafts , I used the wraith ones but used some silicone fuel line over it to take the slop out of it and it has worked a treat ever since !
To stop it ever happening again I wrap thin cello tape around the pin and then use a lighter to sort of melt the cello tape to make it tight, then use my finger to rub the join of the cello tape to stop it coming undone the put heat shrink over the pin .
And enjoy! The ckrc shafts are not that bad . Just need to do a bit of insurance to stop them falling apart.
Cheers Doug
clubby_you is offline   Reply With Quote

CKRC driveshaft replacement parts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts replacement mhuffman_81 Newbie General 7 07-19-2009 06:30 PM
replacement parts ? cammok5 General Crawlers 6 01-18-2007 03:39 PM
replacement parts limegreentj General Crawlers 1 12-01-2006 07:19 PM
replacement ball & pin for the driveshaft on my X-Factor 1BigJeep XTM Crawler 1 10-31-2004 09:00 AM