Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Droop Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Droop Kit

just installed Droop kit in the front of my Axial Wraith. Also installing new Gmade XD Piggyback shocks.

Before installing the front droop kit I had to cut-off a bar built right above the original shock mount plate so that the droop kit could fit properly.

After installing the droop kit and shocks in the front of the Wraith I realize I had to cut/modify the front bumper and another bar. The front bumper would jam onto the servo horn and that other bar would hit the servo preventing the body from being fully pressed down.

Had to cut-off the bumper bar that holds the lights and zip-tie it higher up the bumper. Not too bad, but it works.

Later tonight I will have to install the rear droop kit and shocks. What is going to happen next?

Since I am using an aluminum hood, it will have to be cut/modified as well. Hope I do a clean job of this.

Going rock crawling this weekend at a new location and I hope I get some good videos of this experience, especially since my Wraith has had some new tricked out stuff.

Merry Christmas to all
Madkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Droop Kit

What kind of droop kit did you use!! Sounds like a lot of work!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

I bought the CKRC Suspension Lowering kit, Black (ck2008 $16.99. This kit was easy to install, but the front end of the Wraith required some modification. The rear did not need any modification at all, just simply screw it on.

Before you screw on the front, something had to be cut-off first, and then the bumper needed some adjustment.

The whole project was rather easy to do, so I would not worry about it too much.

The kit from CKRCcrawling.com
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #4

My Wraith hood is Aluminum and I don't have the proper tools to cut 2 big holes for the Droop kit, so I ended up using the drill-press and drilling holes. Sloppy and jagged hole for both droop plates, I guess it makes it look a little more red-neckest.

Next week there will be a video posted and a close-up view of the whole thing.

Stay tuned....
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You should not have had to cut that piece of the frame off!! You just unscrew the frame, separate the frame a bit and slide that piece over it! If you get what I am saying. I think you cut some structure away. Hmmmmm If I am looking at the right kit? https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-su...ck-p-3835.html
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Or was it to make room for the Piggybacks?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
You should not have had to cut that piece of the frame off!! You just unscrew the frame, separate the frame a bit and slide that piece over it! If you get what I am saying. I think you cut some structure away. Hmmmmm If I am looking at the right kit? https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-su...ck-p-3835.html
Ya you just have to unscrew. But now others ive seen running this kit have cut holes in the hood. but i dont think you need to if you dont use the top mount hole, because i believe that is where you issues with the shock hoop hiting the hood..
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Droop Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lift Kit or Droop Kit? LBrown867 Axial SCX-10 6 04-28-2014 11:42 PM
Droop kit Jew1028 Axial Wraith 1 04-15-2012 10:52 AM
Wraith droop kit Jew1028 Axial Wraith 9 03-26-2012 01:00 AM