Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith suspension help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #1

Default Wraith suspension help

I'm goin to buy a wraith rtr and have researched a lot but can't find much on the suspension. What would recommend droop or sprung?

If droop what is a good shock for that and what oil wt? Or can you use any shock just remove the spring I'm sorta confused in the droop setup. I know it lowers cg but what else good does it do?

If sprung what shocks would you recommend and springs and oil wt.

Also I like the looks of the gmade xd piggyback shocks what your opinion and can they be used in a droop setup?

What mm shocks work good with the wraith and do you recommend the droop kit the wraith will be used for 90% crawling while out with friends and while out on the trail in the real jeep.
And sorry for such a thread with so many question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Dill30705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wraith suspension help

I would suggest keeping it sprung and getting a lowering kit to lower the cg! I did this to mine and it seems to work pretty well. Lowering kits can be had for fairly cheap and give you options on shock position.

I run the gmade airation shocks and they are nothing short of awesome! You can jump your truck and it lands smooth without bouncingor getting off line!
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #3

I'm going to get the lowering kit. What do you think about the gmade xd piggyback shocks, worth the money or not? That is if you know much about them how about anyone else. I would like to here opinions from people who have used them

Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm running the link mounts flipped over. Also powerstroke slash front shocks on all four corners. Mine side hills amazing.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #5

Does anyone have any experience with the both the gmade and powerstroke shocks and know which performs better for crawling

Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I run Traxxas Big Bores with 30wt oil and white Losi springs in the front(very soft) and Red Traxxas springs in the rear(very stiff).. Rear shock mounts flipped up.

With the battery in the front the ride height settles down and the rig sits completely level at about middle travel on the front shocks. It crawls excellent and is very stable.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I tried both the gmade and the powerstroke shocks. Gmade were good but liked to leak. The powerstroke shocks are outstanding. Pricy, though, but worth the money to me. I also got the rc4wd 2 speed tranny. Best investment I made. Like two rigs in one.
40 grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

maybe try the associated sc10 2wd short course front shocks, 85mm stretched out. you can find them on ebay cheap. it will keep your wraith sprung but low CG. i run the rear sc10 shocks all the way around on my honcho and love it. good luck
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
I run Traxxas Big Bores with 30wt oil and white Losi springs in the front(very soft) and Red Traxxas springs in the rear(very stiff).. Rear shock mounts flipped up.

With the battery in the front the ride height settles down and the rig sits completely level at about middle travel on the front shocks. It crawls excellent and is very stable.
Which length bigbores? Got side view pic of your rig with battery installed?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith suspension help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMRC Wraith Suspension Links ***Giveaway*** Blue Monkey RC Axial Wraith 109 10-10-2012 07:18 AM
Wraith suspension & SCX10 chasis mudbeast2 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 09-16-2012 09:08 PM
Quick wraith suspension lowering Pateskiee Axial Wraith 3 04-14-2012 02:42 PM
wraith suspension? cheek Axial Wraith 7 02-11-2012 07:15 PM