Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New Wraith needs upgrade accessories! [new member.. new hobby].

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Cool New Wraith needs upgrade accessories! [new member.. new hobby].

Hello all,... I'm new here to "RC Crawler", and wanted to say hello & get some input before i put in my Christmas parts orders. I've been kept busy & happy up till now modding up my "2012 RTR Trail Honcho", since i started in this hobby a few months ago,.. but now I've got the "WRAITH"!
I started in this hobby by watching the youtube videos, "RC Adventures" with DJMedic & friends, [and am also an Elite member of "RC Sparks"],
Then a few days ago, I ran across some totally awesome looking "Wraith Skins" being offered here on RCC by, "Clay" @ Carterfab.com. Actually,.. for the past month or so, everytime i google a search for RC technical matters i need help with,.. i get brought here.. to "RC Crawler" for the answers. So I decided to join! .. hey,.. might as well go to where the best RC info can be found right?
Well,.. now i'm in love with my new Wraith. I'm looking to get some aluminum skins from, "Carterfab", and also want to upgrade to aluminum diffs. I was looking at the Vanquish products,... but also like the "squared off" look of the Integy housings. If anyone has experience with these products and can help me with any info,.. like is one better than the other and why,.. would be a great help.
So far i've only had my Wraith for a week and have already started ordering my upgrade partys...lol. Yesterday I received my first new parts; "Integy MSR10" shocks, aluminum replacement upper & lower links, as well as steering link kit, C-hubs, Knuckles and lockouts. I'm usually ordering from Vanquish, Integy or Asiatees... I know..I know,.. I usually like to shop "American made" all the time!,.. but sometimes the money crunch just makes you go elsewhere... if you want the parts.
So,.. if you have info, pics.. whatever,.. help out a new member with some awesome ideas on how to customize the, "AXIAL WRAITH".

----------------------
"EXECUTION,...is the CHARIOT of GENIUS..."

Last edited by FLYING.FINN; 12-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.
FLYING.FINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

There is the adage that you get what you pay for. As far as wraith parts go, that's true 100% of the time. That's been my experience so far. If you are considering something specific, and you aren't sure which product to go with, research here. If you are still unsure, just ask. If you can't afford what is recommended, be patient, and pinch your pennies until you can afford it. If the general consensus here says do this, or do that, you'd be wise to listen. This forum is pretty darn good about giving good advise. That goes for performance related parts... Aesthetic additions can be cheaper and be just as good as their expensive counterparts. (Like my cheapo aluminum half roof... Looks good, and it 'works' fine.)

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 12-13-2012 at 05:21 PM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Wraith needs upgrade accessories! [new member.. new hobby].

Just buy all Vanquish and take the guesswork out of it lol.

I stumbled upon crawlers the same way you did, watching DJ's vids on YouTube.

I can't speak about Integy housings but I have all Vanquish parts on my Wraith from the transmission housing to the bearing caps. I'm the type of person that will pay a little extra for a quality made part and I'm glad I did. Everything fits together like it should plus its made right here, in the US. Not to mention they're durable products.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird View Post
Just buy all Vanquish and take the guesswork out of it lol.

I stumbled upon crawlers the same way you did, watching DJ's vids on YouTube.

I can't speak about Integy housings but I have all Vanquish parts on my Wraith from the transmission housing to the bearing caps. I'm the type of person that will pay a little extra for a quality made part and I'm glad I did. Everything fits together like it should plus its made right here, in the US. Not to mention they're durable products.
Yep and welcome to the board. READ ALL of the stickies in this section and maybe a few others too, great info, then search, then ask more questions. Most Integy parts are total crap. Good luck and post your build with pics!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Ya, Buy the best ASAP for the Wraith or know how often you are going to run it. Trying to pinch a dime here and there will cost you more.....$$$. If your up to it look for a used Wraith selling with all the hopups and get a deal, parts are going to look used after a couple of packs anyway. READ THE STICKY'S! When you get advice from a poster who has like 2000 posts, LISTEN!
Welcome to RC Crawler! a shout out from the 'Republic of Southern Ontario'.
douglastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #6

THANKS for the warm welcome everyone! ... I appreciate the input. I was actually leaning towards the Vanquish diffs/parts anyways, [like DJMedic,.. the only Integy parts that I really like are the MSR10 shocks]. I was only 2nd guessing my final decision because of watching, "RC Adventures". I figured.. that if a fabricator/RC guy of many years like, "Krazy Joe" of Rude Boyz fame runs the Integy squared off diffs,.. they must be a pretty good setup. But yeah,... i'll hook up some of my new parts and share a pic or 20 this weekend...lol.

-----------------------
"EXECUTION,... is the CHARIOT of GENIUS..."
Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

You are welcome. If you try the I tech housings, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. Everything I've had from integy turned out to be shite. Same with HR.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #8

Well,... i'll start taking/posting pics this week.. i just received my first accessory upgrade package from the UPS guy. I got some HD aluminum upper & lower links [black], C-hubs, knuckles, lockouts & a bully bar from RPP, as well as the silver aluminum 3-D diff covers from Vanquish Products. Last night I also ordered the black Vanquish front & rear axle housings w/HD front axles, alum. ring & pinion gears, alum.end caps and floating lockers. Tonights "Christmas" order,.. I paid a visit to, "Carterfab & Machine.com", and ordered: Front ultimate inner fenders, rear inner fenders, deluxe boat sides, rear upper cover w/integrated rear filler, full roof panel, and full side panels [w/squared wheel wells]. So,... all of these upgrades and I almost forgot the BIG one... I already got a replacement motor and ESC kit just in case,... the "Tekin" FX-R Rock Crawler System w/T-35 motor.

Last edited by FLYING.FINN; 12-23-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Awesome !
douglastee is offline   Reply With Quote

New Wraith needs upgrade accessories! [new member.. new hobby]. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobby Gear Scale Accessories 1BadJeepBruiser General Scale Talk 22 12-03-2008 11:13 AM
Upgrade to a hobby grade motor? clodman General Crawlers 7 05-08-2006 09:59 PM