Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith Kit Build -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

Default Axial Wraith Kit Build -

Hello all and forgive me if this post seems a bit "done before." I'm new to the forum and have been reading thread after thread about choosing the right setup for your wraith and I'm looking for a little bit of guidance. I'm new to RC and really pumped about getting into all aspects of it including the build...So I've ordered a Wraith Kit.

I'm looking to build a decent crawler with "Ok" speed. Not looking for a rocket ship so to speak at least not right now...I figure it probably would be best to not inadvertently launch my Wraith into a tree smashing it to pieces on my first run anyway The aim is to build it so that I can crawl decent but still be able to rip around a bit, trail with it and have some fun. Eventually I may look at adding the AX2 2-Speed transmission setup.

With that being said below is a list of the setup I've chosen to start with (without taking out a bank loan! lol) :
-HiTec 7954SH Servo (Already ordered - Ebay for $78 new)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/380316671471?...84.m1423.l2649
-CC BEC
-Tekin 35T HD Brushed Crawler Motor
-Tekin FXR ESC
-FlySky FS GT3C Tx/Rx
*Suggestions for battery / charger are welcome! I will be relocating the battery to the front. Thinking 2s Lipo around 5000mah.

Other than steering links I'll probably hold off on replacing anything else until parts start to break. I would appreciate any input or suggestions you may have!
Backpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial Wraith Kit Build -

Looks like a decent list.

My favorite motor that I ran in my Wraith when it was brushed was a Br00d Intensity 30t. I think it is actually cheaper than that Tekin and I preferred it having tried the Tekin as well.

I'm using a Thunder AC680 Pro charger and Sky Lipo 3s 4000s. I have been happy with both.
treys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm using a 6 dollar servo almost could have bought servo ESC and motor for 80 bucks.

I think I'd run a align ds610 as a baddas awesome servo. I'd even look for a used one.

Um semi confused on wheel speed since I run a ,4600 kV motor squeeze a little more and wheel speed takes over. Something mes slow spinning tires just won'take it. Wheel speed suits my personality to
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Good start, very similar to what i used to run. I think you will be happier running 3s.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #5

Not trying to hijack your thread but if your mostly crawling will there be a big difference in runtimes between 2s and 3s. Thanks
emartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

Default Re: Axial Wraith Kit Build

Thanks for your input everybody! I wound up going with the Axial AE-2 and Axial 27T motor for now because I came across a deal too cheap to pass up! My kit just arrived but still waiting on the rest of the parts. I think I will start out with 2S and transition to 3S later on. Based on what I've read it seems that the chance of breaking your rig increases as you add those extra cells in the battery lol

Anyone know of any cheap half decent beadlocks?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Look for axial xr10 take off wheels (unused or slightly used) you can get them for cheap.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #8

Found some cheap aluminum beadlocks (with tires) made by "Cappu Engineering" out of Hong Kong....Took a chance on them. Hopefully they will turn out to be half decent....

Axial Wraith Kit Build - - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project: The Bigg Show/ Axial Wraith kit build. FatBagz Axial Wraith 27 09-07-2013 12:12 PM
My First RC Kit Build Axial Wraith mcwk1992 Axial Wraith 10 02-12-2013 01:41 PM
Axial SCX-10 kit or Axial Wraith kit for FOFF rcrawler13 Formula Offroad 3 05-27-2012 05:56 AM