Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: G-Made Piggyback shocks vs. RC4WD King shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #21

Default Re: G-Made Piggyback shocks vs. RC4WD King shocks

To all the guys that are running G-Made, did you all get the 103? Anyone tried 93 for lower stance? Thanks
skeelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Monkey View Post
I haven't tested the g-made piggyback, however, I have compared the G-made diaphragm to the RC4WD King shocks.

They are two different worlds.
The G-made are stiffer, and have a lot more dampening. They are more along the bashing and not crawling route. Perfect for high speed bashing and sand-paws.
The RC4WD kings however, are soft, and allow for a lot of flex and droop setup. I prefer these to my use, wich is mostly low speed trailing. If you are going bashing or use sand-paws, these are not the shocks for you. These shocks allows you to take a different and more challenging route compared to G-made.
Wait, are those the 110mm or the 100mm ones?
Bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

I love the G made as well, but good luck finding them. I put them on my one Wraith and have been calling everyone to try and get some for my other one and know one has them in stock. You can order them on eBay but they won't give you a shipping date.
Super Duty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty 1 View Post
I love the G made as well, but good luck finding them. I put them on my one Wraith and have been calling everyone to try and get some for my other one and know one has them in stock. You can order them on eBay but they won't give you a shipping date.
Instock at RC4WD and about 15-18 sellers on eBay located in the U.S.
ordering some now
Statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Thank you for that info, I'll get a hold RC on Monday.
Super Duty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

G-Made..... Theres no comparison............Powerstroke or Kings, waste O MONEY!!...........!!!!
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

I ordered a set of the Gmade piggybacks off Ebay and had them in 3 weeks, I like how they are adjustable, I like mine a bit on the soft side, but would like a tad stiffer springs, no leaks so far, I hear about leaking shocks all the time, I'm new to crawlers but have had many RC cars in the past, my Tmaxx leaked all the time, I really like the price of the Gmade, under $70 shipped for 4 shocks, I wish they made them in a 115 or 120mm the way I have mine set up just setting still in saggs the shocks about 3/8" looks nice but needs more ground clearance.
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebox View Post
Wait, are those the 110mm or the 100mm ones?
The kings were 110mm. Gmade were 100mm, if I remember correct..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Trail Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Have u guys found rebuild kits for your gmade shocks yet? Was wanting the king 110mm but everyone is out, was going to say screw it and order the gmade piggybacks but can't find a rebuild kit for them anywhere.
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Ordered gmades through ebay, the 103s.
dextan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #31

I'm rocking the Kings myself. Simply because they were 110s. I wish gmade made the piggybacks in 110. But still thinking bout getting them anyways. Worse case I'll put them on my Honcho .... I crawl most of the time, so the gmades may be overkill for me. I had to install bumpstops on my Kings also, the servo horn hit the diff cover and shattered some servo gears ... Would have been nice to control that with the gmades vs adding bumpstops in my Kings ...
8threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty 1 View Post
Rpp has them in stock
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I've been running Gmade 104mm zero's for about two months now. I can't say anything bad about them.
Attached Images

Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #34

Gmade piggy backs were nothing but a pain in my butt, slowly leaked constantly and I could never keep the dampening the same on all 4 corners. So I tried modding, rebuilt them even though they were brand new, added an extra o-ring to the seal pack where the shaft exits which made it better, but then that leaded to the reservoirs leaking around the adjustable allen bolt for the dampening adjuster. I gave up on them and just use them for mock up now on projects. And I own the King scale 110mm piggy backs from RC4WD, awesome shock that doesn't leak, but lacks the dampening ability because the bore of the shock is so small. And then I own my pride and joy Powerstrokes, ("slash rears" front and rear on the Wraith. 103mm if I'm not mistaken. Unbeatable unless you want to spend the big money on Kyosho Velvets from SuperShafty for $175, ouch!
TheBiffster is offline   Reply With Quote

G-Made Piggyback shocks vs. RC4WD King shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New in stock King Off-Road Scale Piggyback Shocks w/Faux Reservoir (110mm) (2) RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 03-14-2013 06:53 PM
G-Made Piggyback shocks on Wraith lurchy Axial Wraith 27 01-26-2013 09:16 AM
New King Off-Road Scale Piggyback Shocks w/Faux Reservoir (100mm) (2) RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 12-04-2012 09:17 PM
Giveaway! RC4WD Silver Piggyback Shocks(4) RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 156 05-24-2007 12:01 AM