Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith build (in progress)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wraith build (in progress)

Bought a RTR Wraith kit about a month ago and was very impressed with it out of the box. I had no prior experience of any kind with Wraiths. Recently I picked up some aftermarket parts for it and have plans for more upgrades/changes in the future.

I installed a CKRC (ckrccrawlers.com) lowering kit, battery forward plate and hood hinge kit. The front servo was also upgraded to a Toward Pro MG946R which I picked up through CKRC. Additionally I replaced the stock shocks with GMade 103mm Piggyback shocks and installed Vanquish Titanium tie-rod and drag link.

I have lots of future plans but the next 3 changes will most likely be all Vanquish Titanium links, LiPo, Brushless motor

--KYLE--

GiantsCheated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Wraith build (in progress)

Did some more upgrades on my Wraith and installed all Vanquish titanium links. Slowly making progress. Probably should've spent money on Vanquish aluminum axles instead of a SCX10 kit but I wanted something else to build. The aluminum axles, lockouts, c-hubs, trusses, link mounts are coming next. I'm also thinking I'll get an aluminum skid plate at the same time. Have a new Tekin FXR motor/ESC combo that I'm going to put in this Wraith and am ordering a Futaba 4PLS as all the stock Wraith electronics got pulled to go in the SCX10 build.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Forgot: Also grabbed some Jun Fac hardened carbon steel(?) drive shafts. I'm not positive but I think Jun Fac is the same company as GMADE and I've had success with any of their products I've bought in the past so I decided to give them a try.

Last edited by GiantsCheated; 08-31-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

In rereading my original post and seeing it was edited I had no idea you guys hated that place so much you actually edit out their name. I didn't realize this was North Korea.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Its because they've screwed a lot if people and we do not support them here. On a side note, your Wraith is starting to look pretty good. How do you like those shocks?
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
ion
Quarry Creeper

They're my local shop and I won't step foot in it anymore. The **** over everyone, customer service they think is a joke. So support rpp hobby or your local shop. I'd rather mail ckrc a box of shit.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Who screwed who I don't want to use them either but don't know who they are
vicstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicstag View Post
Who screwed who I don't want to use them either but don't know who they are
Yes who are we talking about so I don't make the mistake of using them!
Csweatherton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Look at my OP in the last photo if you want to know who we're talking about.

I've placed 5 orders through them and never had a problem. Granted I usually know what I'm looking for and don't require much in the way of customer service. I will continue to use them provided their prices are more competitive than RPP or anyone else; even if it's only a few dollars here and there. Money is money.

Last edited by GiantsCheated; 08-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
Its because they've screwed a lot if people and we do not support them here. On a side note, your Wraith is starting to look pretty good. How do you like those shocks?
Thanks dude. The more stuff I upgrade the more I want to upgrade more! Can't wait to get the Vanquish aluminium axles installed.

I really, really like the GMADE piggy back shocks. I think that first and foremost it's super cool that the reservoir is actually functional as opposed to the others, like on my new SCX10 Rubicon which are just for looks. Not only is it cool that the piggy back reservoir actually works, it works well. A few rotations of the screw in the bottom of the reservoir and you can significantly stiffen or loosen the suspension. Their adjustment range is wide too, they can go from rock hard to super spongy soft. They're also really well made and a breeze to build/ re build if need be. It was the quality of these shocks that made me want to buy those Jun Fac carbon steel driveshafts.

BTW the shocks on my Wriath are the 103mm.

Kyle
Old 08-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
They're my local shop and I won't step foot in it anymore. The **** over everyone, customer service they think is a joke. So support rpp hobby or your local shop. I'd rather mail **** a box of shit.
The closest hobby shop to me is a 1.5 hour drive each way. Aaaaaaand they wouldn't know what a crawler is if it bit them in the arse.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #12

I don't know if you're still planning on getting a aluminum skid plate, but I would suggest you don't. The stock one has held up just fine for me and if you plan on crawling the aluminum skids don't slide over rocks as easy as the stock ones.
LucasAutomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Actually took note of the speech sensoring. That's a huge thumbs down for the forum

The build is looking awesome
Thanks for sharing

Instead of speech sensoring maybe we could have a sticky with a list of shitty vendors and companies. Maybe we could then pull our heads out if our asses

Last edited by evan03; 08-31-2013 at 04:30 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasAutomotive View Post
I don't know if you're still planning on getting a aluminum skid plate, but I would suggest you don't. The stock one has held up just fine for me and if you plan on crawling the aluminum skids don't slide over rocks as easy as the stock ones.
Have not bought an aluminum skid plate yet. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Actually took note of the speech sensoring. That's a huge thumbs down for the forum

Instead of speech sensoring maybe we could have a sticky with a list of shitty vendors and companies. Maybe we could then pull our heads out if our asses
Pull your's out first. You are making a judgement based on ignorance. I prefer they not be advertised here, even by those that don't get it. I just cancelled an order with them today that sat for over two weeks. Just sat there. They ignored emails, don't stock what is on the site, then backorder after the fact. I did get a refund, but won't deal with them again. It isn't about price or knowing what you want. Customer service is about prompt shipping, answering emails, and doing the right thing when things go wrong. You'll see. It's just a matter of time with those guys because they really don't care. You do what you like, but don't tell us guys that have been screwed what is what. And, we don't need a sticky. Just look around the forum. It's really, really obvious.

EDIT: Oh and as to price, they were a dollar or two cheaper on every item. But their shipping was much higher. I actually got the order for 3 dollars cheaper overall because the other vendor I used had much more reasonable shipping prices and they shipped immediately.

Last edited by stopmojim; 09-05-2013 at 12:38 AM.
stopmojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I am glad that you had good dealings with ckrc. I have seen enough stories that I don't want to buy from them. We don't need a sticky on every page. Censoring the name works better.

I had their original lowering kit and some of the holes were useless because some holes could not get a nut behind them
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

From now on I just won't mention where I bought my upgrade parts from.

Wraith build (in progress) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wraith in progress Rataplan Axial Wraith 12 08-15-2012 02:18 AM
My Wraith - A Constant Work in Progress BCkoots Axial Wraith 20 10-23-2011 08:09 PM
MY build in progress TXmade HPI Wheely King 1 02-21-2008 05:30 AM
My WK build in progress Rex4223 HPI Wheely King 14 05-04-2007 05:57 PM