Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: was excited to have a all robinson tranny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default was excited to have a all robinson tranny

when bolting the bottom gear to outputs i notice the gear is rubbing the mounting bolts hard core like keepping the bolts from going in so instead of clearanceing the robinson bottom gear to clear the bolts i decided to reef them on and hopeed it would be all tight enough to run true. offcourse that wasnt the case. the bottom gear wobbles pretty bad. its driveable but very noticable.

i knew there had to be a reason robinson offerd the one peice botoom gear. ill be ordering it in a few weeks but in the meantime im hoping the idler and bottom gear kinda mate to eachother.

pretty big bummer. its just one of those deals. i even put new bearings in the tranny thinkin it was them. also completly stripped and cleaned and still rough.

when i orderd this gear i was thinking i should go one peice since i most likly wont waste money on metal vp case or run a dig. should listen to the voice in the back of your head

allthough all would be fine if i cracked out the carbide burr soon as i noticed interfernce

this is why i need metal gears this motor is 2000 plus watts and very torugey when i feed it voltage it seems to tear the tranny up

Last edited by evan03; 02-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: was excited to have a all robinson tranny

That's really weird, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be able to run the non-one-piece RR gear.
MetalNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I am buying the HR aluminum trans case so I can stuff my RR one piece bottom gear in it with the RR idler gear. I bought a VP case thinking, for some reason, the one piece bottom gear would work in it! I didn't do my homework so no one to blame. I have 3 Wraiths to use parts on anyway. I ordered the RR ones like you have now thinking I will do one trans that way with the plastic housing and see what happens.

You should be able to run what you have there. I wonder if your reassembly isn't 100% correct? Is everything back the way it was?
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I dunno. Its all the same.

Startn to wonder if my outputs bent. And maybe didn't notice with plastic gear

Last edited by evan03; 02-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I know its different than the wraith one piece gear but will the ax10 one piece gear work in the vp case?
RickGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
when bolting the bottom gear to outputs i notice the gear is rubbing the mounting bolts hard core like keepping the bolts from going in ...
If you are talking about the three screws that hold the two outputs to the actual main gear, the directions (small slip of paper) with the RRP Wraith main gear tells you how the gear is to be oriented for proper installation. The gear only will go one way because one side of the RRP main gear is clearanced for the screws to seat correctly. If you don't have the slip/directions, try the gear the other way. You can tell it's different when you look at each side.

btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

you were right it is a wraith like no other, because it dosent run
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

my gear only came with robinson stickers and no directions. but that sounds like is what i have going on. ive had it apart about a dozen times now and i cant tell a difrence in the gear my shoulda have got out the calibers to see. one side must be turned out alittle more to clear the 3 bolts.

guess all take it down again and flip the gear over and see what happens

thanks for the heads up

ohhhh you gota be shitting me. i just looked and the directions where inbetween the two small sticker sheets. im not a sticker guy so i didnt mess with them.

Last edited by evan03; 02-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I had/have the same issue.. I didn't see any instructions either.. now I don't know where the stickers are. Crap! Been running for a few months without issues..
Post up how switching it around works..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

i just switched it around and it seems quiter. and bolts cleard just fine. and you cant tell by looking at the gear that is difrent side to side. its like a hair width difrent.

its one of those parts that is self explanitory but realy isnt and users who dont read the directions have 50 50 chanche of installing it correctly. glad im not the only one

i was begining to think rpp was a peice of chit. turns out it was more me then them.

but why not maching both sides the sames??

Last edited by evan03; 02-20-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

i'm glad i came across this thread, i got the gear and the idler a few days ago and i'm planning on installing tomorrow...i'm not a sticker guy either so i probably would have never noticed the manual being hidden in there. Thanks for the thread!
tripsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGrimes View Post
I know its different than the wraith one piece gear but will the ax10 one piece gear work in the vp case?
Since the VP case is made for the AX10 and uses only parts made for the AX10 yes yhe Ax10 1 piece gear will work in the AX10 VP case. The Wraith 1 piece gear will not.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote

was excited to have a all robinson tranny - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excited Newb jayross101 Axial Wraith 3 07-15-2012 02:27 PM
Excited asian195 Chit Chat 3 10-17-2011 11:00 PM
just placed my order - I'm excited! brianw Axial SCX-10 12 03-30-2011 02:40 AM
My first CR, excited! Got_Demo Tamiya CR-01 10 12-26-2010 09:09 PM