Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: VP Currie front axle question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default VP Currie front axle question

I am considering these for my Wraith. I would run the servo on the truss. I like the simplicity and strength of it. I know on the currie scx-10 axles there is interference issues with the servo on the axle. Is there the same issue with the Wraith or will it clear the chassis??

Stock chubs and knuckles, will they work with these axles? I am pretty sure I know that they do, I just want to make sure. If I were to get VP knuckles and chubs my VP tie rod will still work too then? I also read that these axles are 100% compatible with stock links, correct?

Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #2

Default Re: VP Currie front axle question

I just put two front axels under mine and it worked ok. The only problem I've had has been the rear steer and my curry axel. You can't flip it like the stock so the drive shaft is in a bind.

I put vp c-hubs and knuckles on mine but there shouldn't be any reason why you can't put stock on. Just make sure you have a nice supply of metal screw. I had trouble finding a small metal screw that wouldn't hit my axels themselves.
All in all I love the look. Just a pain to get to the gears.

I did have a problem with the servo plate mounting on top. You will need to chamfer one of the holes to get the screw to sit nice and flush on top of the truss, or buy the pan hard and servo relocation kit from vp. The first way is cheaper but the second looks so awesome.

This has been some of the stuff I've fallen into.
Kcdudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I just put a set on my dmg, I love the look, but it requires almost taking the axle half way or more apart to change the gears, very snug parts fitment. Loving mine though

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
savagebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I ended up finding out what I needed to and ordered these a while back. This thread had died originally without any responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcdudley View Post
I did have a problem with the servo plate mounting on top. You will need to chamfer one of the holes to get the screw to sit nice and flush on top of the truss, or buy the pan hard and servo relocation kit from vp. The first way is cheaper but the second looks so awesome.
What I did was use two 2mm spacers between the bottom of the servo plate and the truss to get a 3mm button head bolt for one of the servo mounts to clear the truss. Worked like a charm and does not cause any issue with the servo height. It tucks up into the chassis very nicely.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #5

I drilled a relief in the axle truss to allow the servo mount to sit flush.
Attached Images

LucasAutomotive is offline   Reply With Quote

VP Currie front axle question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First ever Leaf sprung Currie Axle ScaleReady General Crawlers 14 02-10-2015 08:21 AM
Currie axle... Tbuck Vaterra Twin Hammers 3 03-13-2013 05:18 AM
Front axle question... Ghostrider304 Axial SCX-10 3 11-28-2012 08:30 PM
Front axle question... Ghostrider304 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 11-27-2012 06:03 PM