Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wicked Skeert!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Wicked Skeert!

Starting my build thread. I introduce to you, Wicked Skeert, the latest project! Mamba Max Pro, PRO4 3300kv, 32 pitch upgrade, CC bec, MIP shafts, CI electronics plate, Spektrum RX/TX, and enough lipo to blow the Dona's off the beads!

This started as a kit, no, I did not build it- bought it in as new condition. I plan on making this one a show stopper, not a looker, a performer. Keeping her as light as possible, while bullet proofing everything. I hope --crossing fingers here-- to keep her under 8 pounds. Let the fun begin!
Attached Images

isyeskeert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wicked Skeert!

The mmp and pro4 are replacing the Novak Timbuk2 Wraith 13.5bl system. First impression is great. Just spinning the tranny with the Pro4 is quieter. The Novak sounds like it has a rattle compared to the Tekin! Too bad Tekin doesn't tell you that you need your own bullets and wires to connect the motor. This beast would be doing flips in the living room by now! I would have ordered the wiring too!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yea, Tekin is a wire straight to the esc kinda people. I use castle bullets on my sc4x, and did you see the new Pro 4 HD's? 550 can instead of the 540
rcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I am going to get some CC bullets to connect it up, since the wires are going to snake through the CI electronics plate and I want to be able to take this thing back apart. I am looking for some super clean wiring. Esc, BEC, and lighting controller are mounted up. I am going to have room for a monster battery under the hood!

I saw the HD, but figured that this was overkill enough!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I think I'd put some 4mm bullets and short leads on a tekin. I'm currently running 5.5 bullets but am running a little more motor then the pro 4s.

Looking forward to this build.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Cool, it looks like your off and running. Have fun.
Super Duty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

14/54 on 2s, hands down, already better than the Novak! Buttery smooth at a crawl with plenty of punch. Drag brake at 40% and it stands on the nose at a stop, won't hold a hill though....

I used Castle Bullets and Deans 12ga Wet Noodle for the motor wiring. The lhs turned me on to a new solder paste flux, Miniatronics 10-650-02. Frigging awesome stuff, the solder just flows where you need it to!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Props on the photo to, great angle and well placed.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Wicked Skeert and I went to Piney today. The sun was shining and the rocks were dry! Initial runs are still on 2S and I am loving the smooth torque that the Pro4 makes. Ozzy gives his approval as well. He has feet that are really big, shoved under the dash so tightly that it takes a pretty good tumble to sling him out.

I did notice that crawling turns the Mmp fan on, while higher rpm runs do not.... I guess that maybe that's what they mean about the sensored operation being less efficient.

RTR weight with Ozzy and a 5ah hardcase is 6.97 pounds!

Can't wait to up the voltage!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Ypu think 2s is crazy, 3s will blow your mind i learned the hard way, then 4s will send it doing summer saults
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

A handful of packs in and it is performing very well! The only casualty has been my high lift jack.... Now, it is a mid to low lift scale jack! It was spectacular, I was slamming this thing up some hills that had been slicked up by 1:1 rigs, then, it hooked a root and went airborn. The last inch or so of the jack laid there, lifeless. Ozzy kinda flipped up into the rear cage area and banged around a bit, but still had a smile on his face!

Still running the plastic knucks and hubs, complete with the factory wood screws. Gonna run 'em till they break. I have aluminum to swap it out, but I am going to see how long it lasts. I believe that the cvds are the key to running the plastic, seeing as the rtr dog bones keep everything in a bind.

The Pro4/Mamba was a good swap. The Novak just did not have the punch that I wanted. I have been working on my Mini E-Revo, setting it up for a Castle 4600kv combo on 3s. Dreading it though, my Wraith is going to feel weak after snatching 50mph wheelies with the merv. Nothing a little voltage won't help!

I am already breaking a bead on one of the Sedonas. Ozzy pointed it out to me during the photo shoot!

Sorry, I had to include a pic of the General. My boys and I have been working on it slowly and I am proud of how it is turning out!
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #12

Very cool man!
Little Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Aww man, I couldn't stand it.... Robinson Racing hardened internals went in the tranny!

I knew that the factory plastic would fail eventually, but I was going to push them as far as they would go. I did see that there was 0 wear on the factory internals when I yanked them though! I just could not help but know that I would be on a scaler run with about 16 dudes to witness the carnage of my tranny's demise, so I just went bullet proof with it. A few beers and some Pandora on the Ipad and voila! I won't tear this shizz up!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Every screaming fast crawler needs a couple of bashing buddies.... Great thing that I have a 4 and a 6 year old to bash with! There is a 1.5+ acre gravel lot in town that it always wide open and available for donuts and speed runs! I bought a 3s battery for the Wraith and two of the Traxxas Monster Jam Stampedes for my boys.

3S has proven to be very fun. I have stripped the hex clean out of one of my Pro-Line wheels! Still running plastic spindles and c-hubs!

I do believe that I have killed a HR servo horn. I could not get my steering trim set from left to right at all.... It was flexing until it tore!
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

The Pro4 is excellent, even after the honeymoon has worn off! She still squeals like a dirty ***** when I run her hard! Looks like I need to do some more bullet proofing. Gotta get out the wallet!

Running 14/56 and motor temps are negligible. 3s still leaves me wanting more on the top end....

***** means motor!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Any plans to do some projects while behind that Miller hood?

Really sign your ride.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by isyeskeert View Post
The Pro4 is excellent, even after the honeymoon has worn off! She still squeals like a dirty ***** when I run her hard! Looks like I need to do some more bullet proofing. Gotta get out the wallet!

Running 14/56 and motor temps are negligible. 3s still leaves me wanting more on the top end....

***** means motor!
New Pro 4 HD 3500kv..
Same motor i'll have soon!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Any plans to do some projects while behind that Miller hood?

Really sign your ride.
The boys and I do mini projects as they come along. They love to help me weld, so I let them every chance I get. I just don't have room for any lengthy projects at the moment or I would!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking rig! I think my next motor and esc will be a mmp and pro4! keep it up!
509hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Wicked Skeert! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something Wicked, this way comes... BEELZEBOB Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 27 06-19-2012 10:05 AM
Wicked J wheels bigg rocker Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 02-07-2011 05:57 PM
Wicked J joesbruiser Tires and Wheels 3 06-08-2009 08:19 PM