Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Novak Goat 3S with Castle BEC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #1

Default Novak Goat 3S with Castle BEC?

I picked up a used Wraith and am in the process of going through it and cleaning everything up. The previous owner installed the Goat 3S system with Novak Brushless 18.5 turn motor. In order to run 3S Lipo this system uses an external BEC wired essentially as shown in the Wraith Beginners Guide, between the Battery and RX with the red wire from the ESC to RX clipped. There are some slight differences, mainly that the Novak BEC does not have an orange/yellow signal wire and instead has a separate on/off switch. I'm not sure what the reasoning for that is.

I am going to put in a Savox SA1230SG and wanted to run a BEC with it. My question is, will the Novak BEC perform this function as well as protecting the RX or will I need to wire up a Castle BEC on a separate loop?

Novak BEC shows 6V 3A.
I will be running the servo at 6V. So assuming a single BEC is enough to protect both components then the Novak is the correct voltage, and would eliminate any glitching issues some have had with the Castle and Goat 3. However it seems the Castle is a superior product so it might be worth the risk?

If i were to wire the BEC directly to the servo, eliminating the RX in the loop, as below, am I correct that I would then risk damaging the RX when operating on 3S?

And my wraith for good measure. Painted the Chassis silver and skins blue during my initial once over. As well as aluminum Chubs, knuckles, lockouts. It had the Hot Racing links when I got it. They seem to suck but I glued all the brass rings in and they've held for a few packs at least.
LiquidMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Novak Goat 3S with Castle BEC? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak goat 3s bec help please smuggl1n Electronics 3 01-19-2012 04:57 AM
Novak Goat vs Castle sidewinder, help my decide please -BIGMAXX- Electronics 20 11-28-2011 03:32 PM
Novak Goat and external Bec help!!! jeepster73 Newbie General 4 03-24-2009 12:29 PM
Goat ESC + Castle BEC? Bugg_zy Electronics 2 10-08-2008 05:12 AM
question about novak goat bec Farmer General Crawlers 4 05-27-2008 04:51 PM