Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MIP drive shafts for Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Yeh mip is all I will run on my trucks when I slapped a vxl into my scx10 the stock shafts shot out the bottom and mios went in in there place have yet to have any issues with them yet and there 3 years old now the ones in my wraith work great too and hold up to the sidewinder 3 I have in now
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MIP drive shafts for Wraith

How are you guys adapting the 6mm revo end to the 5mm pinion gear shaft at the axle?

~Chip
WValtakis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I just put mine right in

sent from my 5th scale
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

I'v had a MIP drive shaft set on my Wraith and when i wanted to dismount them i stripped the setpin. Had to cut al the yokes because al the setpins where stripped. Probably due to the blue locktide.

Now i dont want to make that mistake again. Have ordered a complete new set (because buying 4 new yokes also cost almost the same as a new set). So whats the best way to mount the set pins, with locktide or no locktide/ shrinktube?

I also orderd the Traxxas screw pins 4x13mm as mentioned in different treads. Are these pins better?

Last time also my hex screwdriver tip broke off inside the setpin. Bought a new tip and have now the improved version for my arrowmax purple set (honeycomb series tip).

Are the Traxxas pins also use 1,5mm allen tip? The traxxas pins have already a drop of locktide on them, maybe that will help it also to not lock it to much.

Last edited by WesleyRoy; 01-17-2016 at 06:21 AM.
WesleyRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

No they don't, a 2mm driver is required for a 4mm pin of the standard scx/ax mip hubs. That's the reason I hate the wraith hubs.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #26
I joined the Band!

Grab yourself a 1/16" allen head driver, Some of those tiny set screws aren't actually 1.5mm, Or if they are can be of a little loose fit, The 1/16" fits much better and tighter in certain screws
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Well thankfully i also have the sae drivers. Will try the 1/16.also found out the traxxas pins dont fit the wraith mips. Tought it was an upgrade pin because ive read al about it in the mip treads. Whats the best way to apply locktide. Just let it dry On the pin first before mount.? Just like the traxxas pins. The blue locktide gel felt like suprrglue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GEM-702L met Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #28
I joined the Band!

I don't know what anyone else does, But I put it on then insert the screw, No waiting. I'll usually let the rig sit for a about a day tho afterwards to allow it to cure.

Sometimes Ill just go run it right after, Never had any issues myself. Not speaking for anyone else. Results May Vary .
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Think i will change out the wraith hubs for scx10 wraith hubs. Just On the axle sides. Not on the transmission side. As they use the 4mm pins with 2mm driver. Just as mentioned above. Will those scx mip hubs fit the wraith hd bevel gears set. Or could i have some play issues while switching to scx10 mip hubs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GEM-702L met Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
I don't know what anyone else does, But I put it on then insert the screw, No waiting. I'll usually let the rig sit for a about a day tho afterwards to allow it to cure.

Sometimes Ill just go run it right after, Never had any issues myself. Not speaking for anyone else. Results May Vary .
Oke well i dont have problems with backing out the pins, but have problems with remove the pins, due to the loctide.

Last time i stripped al the pins.

So i tought maybe i used to much loctide. When you let the blue loctide dry without installing the pin yet. it maybe bonds less.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #31
RCC Addict

It's not scx10 hubs that take the traxxas sized pin, it's the ax10 shaft set or literally traxxas slash/stampede ends, they're still a 5mm shaft.
The ax10 set is 080101 MIP C-Drive Spline CVD™ Kit, Axial AX10 (2) #08101
The coupler end is 08112 MIP C-Drive Hub 5mm, Axial AX10 (1) #08112
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyRoy View Post
Oke well i dont have problems with backing out the pins, but have problems with remove the pins, due to the loctide.

Last time i stripped al the pins.

So i tought maybe i used to much loctide. When you let the blue loctide dry without installing the pin yet. it maybe bonds less.

if you want to play in the safe side when removing any little pin screw or any other screw that has blue locktite, heat a bit the metal part with a lighter on the lowest flame setting (of course only if this can be done on metal like MIP parts).
the locktite will melt a bit when heated and you wont have problems to take the pin screw out.

TIP: if the pin screw is already stripeed, heat it and use a 1/16 driver, normally this works wonders unless you have used red locktite.
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
It's not scx10 hubs that take the traxxas sized pin, it's the ax10 shaft set or literally traxxas slash/stampede ends, they're still a 5mm shaft.
The ax10 set is 080101 MIP C-Drive Spline CVD™ Kit, Axial AX10 (2) #08101
The coupler end is 08112 MIP C-Drive Hub 5mm, Axial AX10 (1) #08112
Ax10/scx10 are the same, wraith is the only one with different hubs

http://miponline.com/store/media/mip...xref-axial.pdf
Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

The best trick for getting out "lok-tited" screws/set screws is to put a soldering iron tip on them. Lok tite is heat rated and loosens up easily when heated with a soldering iron .
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:42 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Ax10/scx10 are the same, wraith is the only one with different hubs

http://miponline.com/store/media/mip...xref-axial.pdf

Ahh my mistake, I was thinking the SCX10 set took the stock Axial M3 screw pin like the Wraith set.

That X-ref link is handy though, I'd not found that before though I've made good use of their generic dimensions diagrams
-Instructions | Page 1 of 1
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:14 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Ahh my mistake, I was thinking the SCX10 set took the stock Axial M3 screw pin like the Wraith set.

That X-ref link is handy though, I'd not found that before though I've made good use of their generic dimensions diagrams
-Instructions | Page 1 of 1
No problem... Mip has tons of drawings on their site, the xref's are very handy too. I had alot of confusion in the past when a seller would label it one way but it was cross compatible with other models.

MIP drive shafts for Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIP drive shafts for Wraith Full_Throttle South Carolina 12 03-10-2012 09:29 AM
AX10 MIP C Drive dig drive shafts in stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-03-2009 10:50 PM