Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: chassis mount servo chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Default chassis mount servo chat

i run an axle mounted servo like you see hydro-steer on rock racers in the 1:1 world; less shit to break, blah blah.... for discussions sake, regarding chassis mounted servos, they look sweet for sure, but wouldn't they work better if the servo was mounted so the servo arm swings in the same direction as the wheel turns in its steer arc? Mount the servo spline down vs spline forward. the guys i see run CMS all seem to have a lot of wasted servo energy lifting the rig up vs pulling the tires left/right during servo travel.

thoughts?
colorado chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: chassis mount servo chat

The main problem I see with mounting it in what would be the correct orientation is packaging. Trying to get the servo mounted far enough forward would be a challenge without causing limitations. I know with my suspension travel I would max out the ball ends very quickly as I already do it with my current setup with the one end in a vertical position. I would need some sort of custom servo arm to get around this. http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=STK2502

The only time my servo currently effects the height of the front axle is at the very ends of it's travel. This happens when my drag link end that mounts to the axle runs out of travel at full straight droop. I plan on making a limit strap that will solve this issue while still allowing full articulation. I also run a 500oz Savox servo, so I don't find that I have an issue turning.

Last edited by MotoSoul; 09-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #3

Default Re: chassis mount servo chat

i see. servos are too 'tall' to install spline down with out sticking out the hood.

how about an extra gear case that mounts to a servo, axle mounted, maybe pinion to a toothed rack with rod ends to the knuckles, that mimics the 1:1s we see??
colorado chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

chassis mount servo chat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
axle mount VS. chassis mount servo Mike McLeod Axial SCX-10 25 08-27-2018 09:16 AM
chassis mount servo help Ohioskills Axial SCX-10 3 04-04-2013 10:04 AM
every chassis mount servo muddinscx Axial SCX-10 2 08-26-2011 04:32 PM
RCBros Chassis Servo Mount... msd44 General Scale Talk 4 06-09-2011 07:25 PM