Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Drag brake setup and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Drag brake setup and help.

I've started messing with the drag brake setting on my Axial Wraith to get more control out of the downhill driving. I have the Tekin Roc412 3100kv and XeRun sensored ESC. I have the drag brake set to where I like it but how can I adjust it to be more controllable?

Example, I'm driving down a easy slope on the throttle, need to slow or stop. The truck won't really slow at all due to the decline even when I start easing off the throttle then BAM I'm doing front flips from the drag brake kicking in. I'd like it to start kicking in as I'm letting off the throttle and not all at once when I hit my neutral zone. Is that possible? Am I misunderstanding the use of drag brake?

Any help would be great!
jrowles91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

Default Re: Drag brake setup and help.

You either need to lower your drag brake setting, which will allow the vehicle to roll a bit more due to less brake force, OR you need to just ease off the throttle as opposes to just letting it spring to neutral position which will cause the brakes to lock up.

Some like the drag brake strong enough to hold the vehicle on a decline/incline with no throttle/brake input. I prefer a drag brake setting that will allow for a very slow roll. This will help provide smooth controlled descents and more predictable handling. A drag brake that can hold the vehicle at a stand still on a decline/incline is guaranteed gonna cause the face down ass up tendency.

Last edited by TSK; 10-03-2013 at 03:08 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

You'll need to play with the "drag brake" and "braking" settings....ease up on both.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
TSK
Shelf queen

Yeah, a good way to look at it is drag brake is like the "holding power" and brake strength would be comparable to how fast it decelerates.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

OK cool, thanks guys. I figured it may be something else as well like the brake force or something.
jrowles91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Drag brake setup and help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle / AE-2 Drag Brake and Brake Power ik632 Electronics 0 04-08-2012 07:47 AM
scx10 honcho no need for DRAG BRAKE?... already has drag... yellowpasta2000 Axial SCX-10 21 01-23-2010 09:28 AM
setup drag brake wiht novak rooster igonzalezlago Electronics 3 06-26-2008 11:49 AM
Throttle / Drag Brake / Brake Question phatchantz Newbie General 5 05-19-2008 11:57 AM
Novak GOAT & Futaba 3pm - Drag Brake setup? T.B. Newbie General 1 03-15-2008 09:03 PM