Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The terrible wraith a work in progress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default The terrible wraith a work in progress

I guess they are all a work in progress or they're for sale ;)

I did a bit of cage work today after a trip on the trails and track this weekend. I've got a lost more I'd like to do but this will do once I get the X braces made for the rear and passengers compartments.

I've got so many parts I'd like to get right now the list is long. New vp scale knuckles and scale c-hubs that clamp (awesome idea on the clamping part too btw), anti sway bar kit for the front and rear, maybe some new shocks and links.

Also wanting to beef up the drivetrain with about 200$ worth of stuff from super shafty. I don't think I need the full metal case for my uses (only on 2s) so the plan was metal gears and a better slipper. That stock slipper really is more like an on/off switch than an adjustable unit.

After putting the beef tubes in my rear end is staying tight but still having to tighten the screws on the c-hubs after less than an hour of running. I love the new design of the VP scale c-hubs with the clamping screw. That should help spread the load and take some stress off the screws holding the hubs on.

Found a set of used cac delrin wheels on here so that'll solve the width and tires coming off the rims I hope.

I'd really like to have this set up with a dmg long back stiffy but it's going to have to wait until I can fix the stuff that keeps coming apart!

terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

The terrible wraith a work in progress - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Wraith - A Constant Work in Progress BCkoots Axial Wraith 20 10-23-2011 08:09 PM
work in progress dub599 Paint and Body 32 12-19-2009 11:38 AM
Work In Progress BrockGrimes 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 04-26-2007 05:21 PM
work in progress very,very slow progress! rednekcrwlr Tamiya Clod Buster 6 12-18-2006 09:48 PM