Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Transmission Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #1

Default Transmission Problems

I stripped my Spur Gear today (half the teether shaved down) and needing to upgrade.

I checked out the Bulletproof Thread of Harley's but found a ton of stuff out of stock. My question what am I needing?

I found the Robinson Racing 32p slipper kit and wondering what I need to do to run this.

I'm running a ROC 412 motor and 3s battery.
FilthyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Transmission Problems

You don't really need to do anything. Kind of. You will need to shim behind the slipper because there is some play in it, and it will rub on the three screws that mount the transmission to the plate. I found some extra washers that worked well... Trial and error will get you where you need to be. I also dremeled the three screws flat with the plate and it's perfect. I am sure there are other options that cost money, but that worked well for me.
rknaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyWraith View Post
I stripped my Spur Gear today (half the teether shaved down) and needing to upgrade.

I checked out the Bulletproof Thread of Harley's but found a ton of stuff out of stock. My question what am I needing?

I found the Robinson Racing 32p slipper kit and wondering what I need to do to run this.

I'm running a ROC 412 motor and 3s battery.
To use the RRP 32p slipper you would need:
WRAITH & AX-10 BEEFY Top Shaft - Super Shafty
Robinson Racing 32P Slipper Kit Steel Slipper(56T) - Super Shafty
Robinson Racing Extra Hard Steel Pinion Gear - Super Shafty
Pinion Gear Reducer Sleeve - Super Shafty

An alternative to the RRP slipper, you can use a 32p plastic spur gear on the stock slipper: DuraTrax 32P 56T Nitro Evader BX spur. The part# is DTXC9397.

With the ROC412 you will probably need to replace the stock internal gears with either RRP or HR gears.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #4

I was hoping to get the Super Shafty parts but it looks like everything I need from him is out of stock. The Robinson Racing Splipper Kit and Pinion Gear I ordered today. Just needing the Beefy Top Shaft.
FilthyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyWraith View Post
I was hoping to get the Super Shafty parts but it looks like everything I need from him is out of stock. The Robinson Racing Splipper Kit and Pinion Gear I ordered today. Just needing the Beefy Top Shaft.
You can send an email via the contact us page on the SuperShafty web site to get the ETA when they will be back in stock.

You may have to use a plastic 32p spur with the stock slipper until you get the Beefy Top Shaft
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

Transmission Problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission problems xr 10/ vanquish bushings dusty sweep Axial XR10 5 11-28-2010 10:49 AM
mrc transmission problems marshall381 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 08-23-2010 10:43 AM
MLST transmission in a scaler problems RC Mechanic General Crawlers 8 03-26-2009 09:31 PM
R-2 Transmission problems ToyotaKing88 General Crawlers 7 12-06-2007 10:23 AM
RC4WD transmission problems Coligny Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 12-02-2007 03:16 PM