Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: front uni's binding??? maybe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default front uni's binding??? maybe

Hello, I am new to the rc world but fell in love very quickly. Question I have is I just bought a p.s. wraith and put the VP stage 1 kit and VP 10pc link kit and axial universals in. Seems like when I turn (crank it right off right or left) it seems to bind a little. Is this because the front axle has the locker? Everything turns nicely when on the stand. I also have a another question. I am kind of used to my yeti maybe, but is there anyway to make the wraith go faster without changing motors/ESC?? Gearing is all stock right now. Don't want yeti speed but something to hit small jumps on. Pretty much a basher/trail guy/dunes. Thanks a lot guys this site is killer!!!!! My local LHS really don't want to hear my newbie/axial stuff. They treat me like a kid. Lol
Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: front uni's binding??? maybe

In high traction situations locked diffs will induce a bit of wheel-hop while turning if thats what youre asking. This wouldnt happen in sand as you described.

The unis shouldnt be a problem unless you have an extreme turning angle. You can check that on the bench by applying light throttle while turning to full lock (tires off the ground). Any binding should be obvious...

And yes all of my lhs's are are clueless about axials.
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: front uni's binding??? maybe

If u have ran a few packs in ur truck with the unis take them back out and look on the ears ull be able to see where they are touch and possibly binding as there will be nicks on the ears....take a dermel and grind the ears down some where they are touching and reinstall.....this is what we do in the pro and sporty comp trucks and it has proven to help out alot
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote

front uni's binding??? maybe - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Driveshaft Binding snakeman Kyosho Crawlers 6 12-04-2015 01:19 AM
Front axle binding rottenbelly Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 01-15-2009 07:16 PM