Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial wraith shocks question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #1

Default Axial wraith shocks question

Im a newbie and just bought the axial wraith kit today. Spent the last 8 hours putting it together.

Just finished and go to check everything and the shocks decompress but wont compress back up?? Am i doing something wrong i followed every diagram in the manual on how to build shocks. Also filled up to the top like it says.

Am i not noticing something? Did i do something wrong?

Quick response appreciated!!
tlee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #2

Default Re: Axial wraith shocks question

Just put a battery in the wraith, another problem. Front wheels drive backwards while back wheels drive forwards. What did i do wrong?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The shocks aren't the easiest to get working. Search for how to on youtube. I'd recommend FastEddys build series. I gave up on them after hours of troubling with them and bought something else.

Wrong direction is because you've have mounted the locked diff the wrong way. Open the one that goes wrong and flip the diff 180 degrees. There's a note about direction in the manual.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

you have to flip the ring gear around in one of the differentials...you cant build both of them ( the diffs) the same way due to one being the reverse orientation of the other...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #5

Thank you to both of you.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlee13 View Post
Im a newbie and just bought the axial wraith kit today. Spent the last 8 hours putting it together.

Just finished and go to check everything and the shocks decompress but wont compress back up?? Am i doing something wrong i followed every diagram in the manual on how to build shocks. Also filled up to the top like it says.

Am i not noticing something? Did i do something wrong?

Quick response appreciated!!
This blog on the Axial site does a really good step by step instruction on how to do the shock build. It was for the XR-10 but the shocks are the same fpr the Wraith.
Axial Racing - XR10 Build – Part 3 – Shocks and Links
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
IPT
Quarry Creeper

tlee - you have seen the video build series in the stickies right? I'm building too and I go by the manual mostly but I'll watch the video afterwards or if I get stuck. You don't need it but it is at least a nice reference. I have to leave for a week for work but I'm looking forward to resuming my build when I get back. Sounds like you're in the home stretch with yours!
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
tlee - you have seen the video build series in the stickies right? I'm building too and I go by the manual mostly but I'll watch the video afterwards or if I get stuck. You don't need it but it is at least a nice reference. I have to leave for a week for work but I'm looking forward to resuming my build when I get back. Sounds like you're in the home stretch with yours!
There is no home stretch lol. Your never finished and always building. Thats why we're addicted
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
I have actually finished the truck, but have to go back because the shocks still dont work... im going to check out the videos and the axial thread on building the shocks to see if i did anything wrong. Thànks for the support guys!!

Axial wraith shocks question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Better shocks for my Axial Wraith? unclemikey1978 Axial Wraith 6 04-16-2012 10:13 AM
Wraith Shocks with STRC Upgrades - A Question Veshtan Axial Wraith 4 03-10-2012 07:53 AM
question about where the shocks should mount on my axial ax-10 James003 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 01-08-2010 02:46 PM
Axial comp shocks question... Top_Ramen Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 12-08-2009 01:52 PM