Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial wraith skid plate question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial wraith skid plate question

TowerHobbies.com | Integy T2 Tube Frame Skid Plate Gun Metal Wraith
How good are these skid plates for the wraith?
RockBuggyKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial wraith skid plate question

they will hang up rocks and such much more than the stock axial skid...I would stick with the stock skid.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
they will hang up rocks and such much more than the stock axial skid...I would stick with the stock skid.
Thank you!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Would improve center of gravity. Maybe aluminum hangs up more. Let's ask all the aluminum axled guys , does it.

Is it worth 40 bugs probly not, would it stifn up your rig? Yes. Does the skid plate need to be stiffer?

I would put this part just over VP links and steering parts. Not worth the money spent, but maybe not as bad as a lot say it is. Most who say it haven't used it. Keep that in mind for about 85% of what goes on in this forum. Many blind opions. From tires to steering and motors

The others 15% sell the products.

I run the plastic skid and its covers with a lot of very deep gauges if the to bes say albumin will hang up more in sharp rock then I guess I must just believe they know it for fact.??????? Question everything

Last edited by evan03; 05-28-2014 at 09:40 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Would improve center of gravity. Maybe aluminum hangs up more. Let's ask all the aluminum axled guys , does it.

Is it worth 40 bugs probly not, would it stifn up your rig? Yes. Does the skid plate need to be stiffer?

I would put this part just over VP links and steering parts. Not worth the money spent, but maybe not as bad as a lot say it is. Most who say it haven't used it. Keep that in mind for about 85% of what goes on in this forum. Many blind opions. From tires to steering and motors

The others 15% sell the products.

I run the plastic skid and its covers with a lot of very deep gauges if the to bes say albumin will hang up more in sharp rock then I guess I must just believe they know it for fact.??????? Question everything

Aluminum will in fact hang more. Yes aluminum axles hang more as well, plastic has the advantage there, there are other reasons why the axles benefit from the strength and weight.

As far as putting it over titanium steering and suspension links, that as you say is someone giving an opinion on something they don't have the knowledge on themselves.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Harley you are correct I have no experience with titanium I'm perfectly fine forming my opuins by viewing your photos of bent titanium steering links,

For the money 1/4" steel steering and 3/16" steel suspension links have served me well and already played for themselves numeras times over

Same as axles there are others reasons the skid can benefit from strength and weight.

Last edited by evan03; 05-28-2014 at 10:27 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Harley you are correct I have no experience with titanium I'm perfectly fine forming my opuins by viewing your photos of bent titanium steering links,

For the money 1/4" steel steering and 3/16" steel suspension links have served me well and already played for themselves numeras times over
I have used both, currently have both on more than one rig, and titanium is the premium choice for a reason. Stiffness, strength, weight, and elasticity all make the Ti a better choice.

Save money, that's fine and a good reason for many, however it definitely doesn't make it the best decision.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Axial wraith skid plate question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LG FAB Axial Wraith Stainless steel Skid Plate!!! LGFAB Chassis and Suspension 8 08-05-2016 12:14 PM
i need a stock axial wraith skid plate gasser55t Arizona 1 02-26-2013 08:26 AM
Skid plate question Clodman23 G-Made Crawlers 1 01-22-2013 02:00 PM
skid plate question bryco13 G-Made Crawlers 3 03-03-2011 10:42 AM