Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: gottorque's 4488 Jeep TJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default re: gottorque's 4488 Jeep TJ

Update....Werty Trailing arms, Big Bores as "Bypasses" and Shock Keys as mounts. Will need to rebuild the big bores but overall I like it

RC Bros SCX/AX splined burly tubes are next as the housing it self will no longer keep the c hubs from twisting under power
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2015, 09:53 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Default Re: gottorque's JCAD SFR based 4401 Raptor

Hey man just a quick question for you. I just bolted up a set of extra twin hammers trailing arms on my wraith and I noticed when I try to flex the right front wheel up on power it Jacks the rear end up and rolls over instead of flexing. How are you getting around this. Thanks
mckenzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenzies View Post
Hey man just a quick question for you. I just bolted up a set of extra twin hammers trailing arms on my wraith and I noticed when I try to flex the right front wheel up on power it Jacks the rear end up and rolls over instead of flexing. How are you getting around this. Thanks
got a pic of your setup?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Update....Werty Trailing arms, Big Bores as "Bypasses" and Shock Keys as mounts. Will need to rebuild the big bores but overall I like it

RC Bros SCX/AX splined burly tubes are next as the housing it self will no longer keep the c hubs from twisting under power
What's a "shock key?"
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:49 AM   #45
RCC Addict

These guys...can be used a lift or lowering kit, or to angle your shocks a bunch for more flex. Pretty versatile little things I think. I figured it was a quick and easy way to mount the tops of my bypass shocks.
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/product...ock+%22keys%22
Old 05-24-2015, 01:54 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, couldn't really see the red against the other red especially with shadow in pic.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:44 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
got a pic of your setup?
I will post one tomorrow. Thanks.
mckenzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I have a narrow xr mod with the vp wraith cms chassis mount and scx 3 link panhard mount. Using xr/wraith knuckles I sometimes get too much steering, mostly when turning into an obstacle or landing nose down off a jump. Did you ever encounter anything like this?
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Months behind but I'd figured I'd give an update since the 1.9er has changed a bit.

It got a new custom metal hood this past Summer. Old Raptor hood was so messed up that it was unusable and I didnt feel like buying a whole new body just for the hood.

A set of Voodoo KLRs and Motoworx six spoke SLWs

Slightly reconfigured 3 link CMS setup. Added a Losi MRC shock as a faux hydro assist (yes it really does move with the steering )

Cut out a new set of panels from Lexan sheet and gave them the Awesome Orange treatment. Also reconfigured the rear Coilover/"bypass" setup to sit just about vertical. Spawn interior was also added for easy access to electronics and trans.

I have 100mm limit straps in back to keep the back end from sitting too high at ride hight

Added a VP F9 rear housing. I couldn't resist...this rig was begging for one. You can also see my Wertymade Wraith bottle opener/bumper rear plate. Handles recovery and refreshment duties.

And finally as it sits now. Electronics wise I put in a 27t and went down to a 10t pinion. The small bit of extra wheelspeed over 35 proved to be a big help at yesterdays G6 when it was slick . Running my BFGs at the moment as I am still trying to find a good foam setup for the KLRs.

All I got for now.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

a Currie. I never expected that.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Picked up a VP Antirock sway bar from my LHS. I really didnt know if it would work on my Wraith and figured I could always throw it on my yeti if that was the case. Had to take off my bypass shocks but the length of the arms landed the end links nicely on one set of holes on my Wertymade Trailing arms. Using the supplied end links, the arms sit at a little bit of an angle at ride hight, but I can always make up some shorter links down the road.
Actually very pleased.

Compliments the F9 nicely
Old 04-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Had to blow the cobwebs off this thread...time for a yearly update on this rig.

Without uploading a ton pics heres a quick list of all thats been done since the last time I posted

-Built and destroyed 2 Narrow XR mod axles, the last two were TKO housings which I dont fault at all.
-LURC FI spool in front with cut down XR VVDs; now running full width XR Unis
-2300 Roc 412 and MMX
-Ditched CMS
-Protek 170 servo
-the Cab section of the cage is fully paneled with black lexan. A and B pillar firewalls and floor boards, a driver seat and custom aluminum dash (scale bro)
-Flashing rear amber LED light

After the second TKO housing broke I had enough and built up an XR with VP currie. Don't really like metal but at this point ill be saving money by not having to build new axles 2 times a year. I didnt like the stock Currie servo mount so my buddy fabbed up a welded truss for the 4 link mounts and servo mount. Allthread tie rod and drag links will be sleeved.

I was also more than anxious to get rid of the kings and get some actual performance. Rears now have big bore Axial coilovers and the front will get the same.

Fuel cell was modified to allow room for a brace to pass through it.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Is this chassis still available to purchase?
PERCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERCY View Post
Is this chassis still available to purchase?
Unfortunately no
Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Damn so you treat this thing like a U4 truck? I've got plans for a 1.9 Wraith and I really like the overall look of them, especially this one. Almost pulled the trigger on the 1.9 Pro-Line BFGs yesterday but fought off the impulse and will wait till the cage is assembled. Do you have issues with hitting the frame with the servo though? I've noticed that on my SCX10.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Damn so you treat this thing like a U4 truck? I've got plans for a 1.9 Wraith and I really like the overall look of them, especially this one. Almost pulled the trigger on the 1.9 Pro-Line BFGs yesterday but fought off the impulse and will wait till the cage is assembled. Do you have issues with hitting the frame with the servo though? I've noticed that on my SCX10.
Haha yup. This thing is full blown race car and gets driven like one too

Back when I still was running the stock wraith rails I was running with the front end tucked in , I had to take out the front upper bumper supports so the suspension can cycle properly with an axle mounted servo. Clarence is tight, but it works.

Heres an old pic of the front end on stock rails. Ill try and find a better pic and post it

I will be getting a set of the PL BFG Krawlers also, just to try and compare against my Axial versions
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Finally back on the rocks

I drove it pretty hard for a few hours and nothing came loose or broke. Trans could use a bit of maintence but other than that its solid. Yes I did score a set of Pro Line BFG KR2s which I plan to run in dry conditions only, but mostly I think they will look good on this truck.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Picked up a VP XR width rear end to match the front and now I can use the brake disc hubs and my full float wheel nuts. This truck rarely sees mud, so I might stick with the KR2 for a while

Old 07-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: gottorque's 4488 Jeep TJ

This is really unfortunate I got into RC so late, I join here and cannot see any of the pics so I have no clue what is going on. What a shame
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote

gottorque's 4488 Jeep TJ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gottorque's F-Bomb gottorque Axial RR10 Bomber 28 07-05-2018 08:34 AM
gottorque's Underground Creeper gottorque Venom Creeper 72 09-05-2014 02:33 PM
gottorque's baXJa gottorque 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 07-08-2014 04:52 PM
gottorque's MAAAAD wraith gottorque Axial Wraith 13 12-10-2012 09:06 PM
gottorque's Project VelociRaptor gottorque 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 09-04-2011 01:55 AM