Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wrexo vs yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wrexo vs yeti

So i sold off all my R/Cs except for my wraith and was wondering, now that axial has released the yeti.. is there much of a difference between a yeti and building a wrexo like the bluemonkey kit? Just wondering what you people think... spend $430 on a yeti or turn a wraith into a wrexo?
Jsouza1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wrexo vs yeti

You aren't going to build a yeti out of a wraith. Something that keeps up in the fast stuff? Maybe. The yeti is just longer and lower, it's a different animal.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I figured that. Question wasn't about turning a wraith into a yeti though. Just trying to see what was a better option. Money into a yeti or money into a wrexo project. I just got bored and figured I'd ask.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Wrexo project is always something I wanted to do but never really had the money or time to do. I'm waiting on a yeti XL on preorder so most likely I'll just keep making small upgrades to my wraith and leave it solid axle and beat the piss outta my yeti XL!!! But like I said I was bored so I figured I'd ask the question.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
20K Club

Personally, the Yeti is a more engineered option for the whole IFS package. I own the Blue Monkey kit and while he did pretty good for what he had to work with, it's just not the whole package like the Yeti.

If you want IFS, the Yeti is going to handle better.

Do a prefer a Yeti over a solid axle Wraith, no. There is just a special place in my heart for the Wraith. It's my favorite RC without a doubt.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input harley. loooks like i will end up keeping my wraith solid axle. I like how it handles right now. Got the ride height just where i like it and it goes at a good speed when i need it to and climbs very well when i need it. I just got an email from tower hobbies saying that they finally received some yeti XLs in stock and mine is being processed now and should hopefully have it by next week. I feel like a kid again
Old 11-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsouza1980 View Post
Thanks for the input harley. loooks like i will end up keeping my wraith solid axle. I like how it handles right now. Got the ride height just where i like it and it goes at a good speed when i need it to and climbs very well when i need it. I just got an email from tower hobbies saying that they finally received some yeti XLs in stock and mine is being processed now and should hopefully have it by next week. I feel like a kid again
Getting the Wraith to that sweet spot is the best! I think that is exactly where they belong. If you do the IFS conversion, it's just full of compromises at that point. I think you are on the right track.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Getting the Wraith to that sweet spot is the best! I think that is exactly where they belong. If you do the IFS conversion, it's just full of compromises at that point. I think you are on the right track.
I agree with Harley. When you get your wraith to that sweet spot, theres no better rig. The yeti has its advantages as stated. especially in the rock racing or u4 style stuff. But to me the wraith just beats all. You can literally do whatever you want with it and fine tune it to conquer whatever you throw at it. But.....the yeti and yeti xl? still bad freaking a$$ lol.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Wrexo vs yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM