Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: best linksand lipo location for the wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default best linksand lipo location for the wraith?

I have been really happy with the feed back on questions for my wraith .. so might as well do it for the next step

whats the best links for the wraith?
should I move the lipo up front ?

what im doing withthis chassis is mostly trail/creek/minor rock crawling... in that order

are the varquish links worth the money .. do you really get that much more out of them than others ?
do I need a lipo tray if I do more up or have people been happy with stock straps?

thanks as always
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: best linksand lipo location for the wraith?

I just installed the vanquish links on my rig last night. They are super light. They look amazing seems like they will be very durable. I almost think the links weigh less than the rod ends. Things I'm not happy with first hand is i would prefer the 1/4 over thr 3/16. One of the decisions that made me commit to purchase was how beefy they looked. I was watching a video of the 1/4 links. To find out later they are now 3/16. It's not a biggie if they still work as well.

Most relocate battery up front to help make it front weight bias to help with crawling up steep hills. If you don't think it u will be doing a lot of crawling I would leave it where it is the negative impact of moving battery up front is it wants to nose down on any jumps.
xsputnikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

And battery up front makes descents difficult. Tends to compress the suspension, I leave mine in back bc I've noticed on my trails it helps out. Best bet is to test battery locations to see what works for your driving style and terrain.
I should be getting my vanquish link kit next week.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

y vanquish over others.. just the brand ? I can axial links on my scx10 for a year on 3s all the time and was hard on it{ kinda y I went wraith} and never broke... I was more wondering if the added bends on upper and lower are what adds anything

thanks for the feedback
Old 12-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2fast View Post
y vanquish over others.. just the brand ? I can axial links on my scx10 for a year on 3s all the time and was hard on it{ kinda y I went wraith} and never broke... I was more wondering if the added bends on upper and lower are what adds anything

thanks for the feedback
As far as I know the bends are for clearance. I went with Vanquish because, I got to see both van and axial side by side in the lhs. The van links they had were on hold for someone else. The van links are titanium, not aluminum. Titanium tends to flex and return to original shape in extreme condition. Aluminium tends to crack. The van have male threaded ends, where the axial requires a grub to hold the rod end on. Personal choice, that the vanquish set, was at a higher level than the axial set.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2fast View Post

thanks for the feedback
4mm threads and better rod ends are much stronger than the 3mm stuff that is used in the Axial links.

Titanium is also a great link material, very hard and slides well. The bends in the links allow the rod ends to have the maximum amount of operation before maxing out the angle.

Skip any of the Chinese links, complete garbage.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
ion
Quarry Creeper

Unless you want to break the bank on the vp stuff, I would run the Axial kit aluminum lower links, and a werty made wraith battery forward tray.

Werty made wraith forward mount battery tray.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the feedback yet again fellas . im going to look at all the options out there and choose a good balance of durability and price
Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I prefer the Blue Monkey links over the vanquish links, I just like the bends better.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

had not looked into those yet..thanks
Old 12-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I plan to make my own links ... cost effective and you can make em how ever you want as far as bends and length etc. The VP are nice don't get me wrong .. love a lot of their stuff.. but for links I'll stick to home brew.
Fatman489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Been running plain jain 3/16" links for a year with no issues. I fabled them out if cheap stuff for a few bucks and use long ja to ends for lots of thread, engagement. They cost about 5 bucks to make.

I thread the links with a 10 24 mm die and drill the ja to ends out to just over 1/8" can't remember what I drill them to from the top of my head.

Making your own crests a adjustable rig. You can set pinion angle wheel base and, adjust as needed. Or as you feel the need to tinker.
Vp links are a good bolt on option. And have some adjustability. With jato ends you can extend the wheelbase or adjust pinion angle. . Kato ends on top links to adjust for flipped over shock mount and horrible pinion angle.

Last edited by evan03; 12-13-2014 at 02:39 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote

best linksand lipo location for the wraith? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Wraith in an Unexpected location eunique Scale Videos! 0 10-08-2014 11:24 AM
Lipo for Wraith jwalker497 Axial Wraith 19 11-23-2013 06:29 PM
Battery location and electricle on Axial wraith muddywaters Axial Wraith 5 01-15-2012 04:36 PM
Lipo size for stock LCC location? Voteban Team Losi Comp Crawler 21 05-10-2010 10:26 AM
Biggest lipo to fit in stock location? ruststang94 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 17 01-26-2010 05:40 AM