Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Project khaos continues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Project khaos continues

Well i have some update info for every one. I have had Khaos out to the rocks for 3 weekends now. I have had to make a unwanted change. The Cms is gone after braking 3 left side cvd's i pulled it out. Do to the suspension articulation and the servo horn room in the chaise. there is just not enough room to make it work properly with the high steer hubs. Trust me this is not something I wanted to do. I did put a 12 tooth pinion in the gearing is now 12/54. Im very happy with the drive ability of this rig. Now for some run photos

Last edited by greengoblin; 05-10-2015 at 03:26 PM.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Do you plan to try and get cms back on later?
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin' Lobster View Post
Do you plan to try and get cms back on later?
Yes part of why i took it of is do to the body and how low it sits on the truck. So when it comes time for a new body it will have larger fender openings. I put all the parts in storage with my other back up mount so it don't get lost. I just cant bring my self to hack up this body.

Last edited by greengoblin; 05-10-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Any idea what exactly caused the breakage? I have the same cms mount on my little wraith and I've been impressed with how well it actually works. How much total suspension travel does your truck have now?
Old 05-14-2015, 06:36 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin' Lobster View Post
Any idea what exactly caused the breakage? I have the same cms mount on my little wraith and I've been impressed with how well it actually works. How much total suspension travel does your truck have now?
The body sits very low on chassis the fender openings are longer than most bodies. This was limiting up travel in the suspension. I didn't want to cut out the body it would just take away from the looks. If the truck had a shorter like a 100mm I believe it will work fine with the CMS. However due to the limited space in the cage where the servo is with the lift and 110mm shocks it just creates too many issues. In the end what broke the cvds on the driver side of the truck was bump steer. It was letting the tire move in the travel of the suspension and being Flex hard to one side it would move back in and break the cvd.

Last edited by greengoblin; 05-14-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I have my cms and axle pushed a little farther back and am using stock wraith shocks lowered all the way. I've been lucky somehow I have almost no bumpsteer. I'm also using some berg knuckles that match stock scx knuckles, but I do have some play in my chubs that causes a little on my pass side tho.

Last edited by Crawlin' Lobster; 05-14-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I have added some new thing to khaos. Love this rig. I swaped the strc cvds out for a axial set do to brakage. I have added front and rear lights intgy aluminum axle trusses, white knuckle rc 7 millimeter aluminum links. Im runing it on 3s get about 2.5hr out of a 5000mah pack

Project khaos continues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project KHAOS Deadpool Axial Wraith 46 04-19-2015 11:20 PM