Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Help, trim dose not work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #1

Default Wraith Help, trim dose not work

hi guys so im, having a problem with my wraith. no matter how much i tweak the trim, it still turns to the left, and its maxed out at 99%, Flysky GT3C, the servo horn is Dead Center, so im lost with what i can/have to do, could it be the steering link?
sorry this is the only pic i have to hand
edit: iv changed the lower steering link, it was bent, but put a brad new one on and its still the same
amatris1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith Help, trim dose not work

you need a longer drag link from the servo horn to the steering link....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

There are a few things I can think of. First of all the servo oriented the way that it is in a CMS setup is just asking for bumpsteer. It's hard to tell how the geometry lines up settled from your photo so I can't tell for sure, if the drag link and panhard aren't the same eye to eye you'll also get odd steering behavior as the suspension loads and unloads under throttle and braking, not just while steering. Secondly, I can't tell what's going on with your suspension linkages. Are you running a three link setup or the original four link? If you're using the original four link design the suspension and steering are working against each other. Removing the top link on the left side (driver's left) is all you need to do there. Next is the all plastic axle parts, the Wraith develops a ton of steering play really fast where the c-hubs attach to the axle, beef tubes and metal c-hubs will make a world of difference there.

Just as I was about to hit send I realized that your servo horn is straight down in the pic and I wasn't answering your question. Longer drag link. Disconnect the drag link, center the servo, reset the horn, point the wheels straight, measure eye to eye servo to knuckle, make a new drag link of the appropriate length. When you are ready to fine tune your steering refer to my first paragraph.

EDIT - and as I was typing someone beat me to the punch.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

thanks for the reply's guys. the servo horn and wheels are centered, im running 3 link, and the Drag link is a scx10 Link, with smaller ball end's i made sure that when the wheel is centered "straight ahead" and its perfect on one wheel, i did however found out the problem, the link that i removed the bent one that was attached to the C hubs, was bent so i thought it was that, So i installed, "at this point i know what you are going to say", jazrider link set, and it was around 2mm longer than the stock one, and the bent one... so i Bent the odl one back how it was supposed to be and it seams to sorted it out, Now a question. how is the Titanium Steering Links, From Rcbiz? as im in the uk i have to look at other parts

cheers craig.
amatris1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith Help, trim dose not work - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trim or not to trim? Before painting Hirschowl Paint and Body 7 12-16-2013 07:46 AM
dose anyone XxRockStar199xX 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 01-23-2011 12:32 AM
would this work for trim on a 3pl luke-o Electronics 7 01-13-2011 05:38 PM
How dose a dig unit work rockn Newbie General 3 09-22-2010 07:19 AM
How dose rockn Newbie General 17 09-13-2010 10:23 PM