Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: WesleyRoy's Wraith rockracer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 06:02 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default WesleyRoy's Wraith rockracer

Hello, after i have written my scx10 build tread, my 6x6 build tread, it is time for my Wraith's.

Standard Wraith kit.

No let's start with some Vanquish shopping..

Titanium link set

Streetfighter guys.

King shocks

Electronic box in the rear, esc in the front (BRXL esc, 27t Holmes Expert motor).

Vanquish OMF wheels, HB rover tyres.

Vanquish CMS

Wraith's are less populair in the Netherlands, due to the lack of mountains/rocks.

However i like them.

Last edited by WesleyRoy; 05-23-2015 at 07:12 AM.
WesleyRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: WesleyRoy's Wraith rockracer

Some new photos.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Nice job! Like the action pics and I feel like a wraith is more for trails then rocks myself but it's all the driver. ;)
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:23 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks, i like rocks also however there arent any, so i have to go for some forrest trial runs instead. I think the forrest trial runs are less hard for the truck. So i still not have broke something.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Your truck looks good. I like the paint scheme. Hiking in the woods can be a great time.
mikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

New driver, no more muscle bulky streetfighter guys, but Booker de Witt from Bioshock driving and shooting now.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #7

Wraith looks awesome! Good JOB!
GMCSierra2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

A friend of mine modded my bumper with a plate to mount a lightbar or winch.

I dremeled it a bit, to make clearance for the servo arm.

And today my RPP order came in.. love RPP, hate customs.. damn 45 dollars on a order of 110 dollars :-(. I guess rockcrawling isnt so populair in europe so we dont have such shops like RPP with a great assortment.

First steps to have a bulletproof Wraith (according the Harley bulletproof Wraith topic)

ARB Fab Grip Lockers

Bearing cap holders

Heavy duty bevel gear set

stock vs heavy duty

RRP steel gears

Found out that the plastic of the axles is weak, two screwholes of the bearing holders are clog (dont know if this is the right word in english).
Also the screw holes of one of the lockouts is clog (broken). Had to glue one of the bearing holders with a tiny drop of ca glue.

Have to look for aluminium axles in the future.

Have a holmes torquemaster 27t pro handwound in it for now, does anybody know, how does that compare to the Tekin 3100 Kv roc412?

Think i am going to run the roc 412 with 56t/10t because of big Rockbeast tyres.

Is it wise to just use a 32pitch delrin rc4wd spur or is it recommendable to buy the steel one with upgraded pinionshaft.

Last edited by WesleyRoy; 01-09-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

For starters nice progression on your wraith.

The holes in housings that hold front c hubs & rear lockouts usually strip fast! The fix for plastic axles is "beef tubes" which are stell or brass tubes that slide into axle for screes to thread into for a tight fit with weight down low.

The roc 412 with 56/10 will be perfect all around! It will be a beast compared to other setup with great wheelspeed & low end.

I use pkastic spurs on all my rigs! I want the $5 part to break as a fuse link before anything else!

Last edited by sic1to; 01-09-2016 at 01:05 PM.
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

who and what, are the 2 action figure drivers you have, the zombie looking and the one with a suit? I know the street fighter figures, but not the other 2. Please let me know. Thanks
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #11
RCC Addict

The beefy topshaft to run the RR slipper is definitely bulletproof but also weighs a ton & a lil noisy ...I have used them in the past but now i use Duratrax 32p 56t spurs & have no issues with no mercy on the trail or rocks!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
RCC Addict

New driver, no more muscle bulky streetfighter guys, but Booker de Witt from Bioshock driving and shooting now.

The other in early posts look like some figure from walking dead maybe?
Old 01-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
For starters nice progression on your wraith.

The holes in housings that hold front c hubs & rear lockouts usually strip fast! The fix for plastic axles is "beef tubes" which are stell or brass tubes that slide into axle for screes to thread into for a tight fit with weight down low.

The roc 412 with 56/10 will be perfect all around! It will be a beast compared to other setup with great wheelspeed & low end.

I use pkastic spurs on all my rigs! I want the $5 part to break as a fuse link before anything else!
Thanks, i really like the 56t delrin spur i have from rc4wd. Didnt like the idea of a noisy making steel spur.

The action figures, are Booker the Witt and the zombie guy is also a neca actionfigure from one old horrormovie.

Like the idea of the brass tubes, however i also stripped two holes of the bearing holders.

Oh btw i also switched my pinion bearings to traxxas bushings. As advised by Harley.

Any opinions on driveshafts? Only MIP or also other brands?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Stripped the bearing cap screws? In that case order some other plastic housings lol or if there is enough room you can order brass inserts from Dlux fab that ya drill existing(stripped hole)to ouside dia on insert press in with a lil ca glue BOOM ya got threads again but lets be honest the $12-$15 housing is best route!

Mip & Junfac is best metal choices but the HD wildboars (plastic)are pretty strong also & cheaper with spare parts...up to you on that one just keep in mind its best to run the 5mm extended end (for wraith)mip to clear spur cover without trimming with stock outputs.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Just ordered some new plastic housings. But thinking to get Vanquish housings in the future. Those brass inserts are with shipping almost 100 euro, plus i can count on some 40 euro tax :-s because it is only available thru usa shops. I found out Vanquish is also delivered thru RC Mart (hongkong) most of the time i dont have to pay tax by parts from hongkong.

Ive had those MIP shafts, and i completely screwed them. I stripped all the setscrews at first rebuild. Love the look of them. However they are so expensive. I just drove my Torquemaster 27t on 3s with the stock HD shafts and they look like holding it.

Have to see how it will handle 3s and the Tekin motor.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

You can get the steel Beef Tubes from RPP if you order from them again. Maybe you can pay less on taxes and shipping if you are ordering other parts from RPP as well. I just installed Beef Tubes in my Wraith. i like them if only for one reason-it offers a metal thread for the different screws on the truss's and the chubs etc. to thread into. The threads in the plastic axle housing stripped very quickly.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Does the beeftubes has better threads than the vanquish axles?
Old 01-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

I don't know about the Vanquish alloy axle housings as I don't have them. But because the Beef Tubes are steel, they will have strong threads. You use slightly longer screws to go through the plastic housing and into the steel tube. Some also like the plastic axle housings because they slide better on rocks etc. The alloy housing can get hung up more easily on rocks.
Here is a link to Beef Tubes so you can see
BEEF TUBES AR60 - Welcome to beeftubes.com
Old 01-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Oke thank you i didnt knew that. Is it difficult to install then

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GEM-702L met Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

There used to be an instruction page on the Beef Tube website but I can't find it anymore. But the only complicated issues is that there is a small flange on the rear axles that has to be filed down to clear the inside diameter of the Beef Tube. You only want to grind it down just enough to fit inside the beef tube. Other than that, you just slide the tube inside the axle taking care to line up the slots and holes with the holes in the axle. I thought it would be more difficult but it is fairly easy.

help with beef tube install!!

WesleyRoy's Wraith rockracer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WesleyRoy's SCX10 another 6x6 bullhead build WesleyRoy Multi Axle Rigs 47 03-16-2018 01:41 PM
WesleyRoy's SCX10 Jeep JK WesleyRoy Axial SCX-10 7 03-19-2017 12:43 PM