Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Anyone running Proline Pro Spec shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone running Proline Pro Spec shocks

If so can you tell me what you think and post some pics? I wan't a somewhat scale looking rig and I am afraid they will look too big.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone running Proline Pro Spec shocks

I've been wondering about these myself. Haven't really seen any reviews on them. I know they are bigger than powerstrokes and those don't look stock at all. Have you look at Gmade's? They have a couple external resi shocks that look like race kit parts. Kings look scale but are horrible out of the box. RC4WD has several scale options but I have no idea on their performance. It seems to me that you trade scale for performance. Just look at the tire size ratios we run. Lol I will say that my new favorite go to shock is the Traxxas 2662 big bore XXL. These things are amazingly smooth, don't leak even the tiniest bit of fluid, work with Axial's 14x70mm springs like they were made for them, are all aluminum hard ano'd and Teflon coated, and you can get 4 of em on eBay for less than $40 shipped. They even come with a bottle of what seems to be 30-40 weight silicone fluid. I've got these on three of my rigs now and it's going to take something really good to get me to try a new shock. HTH
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I am running them and like them a lot. In the rear I have the Cbercfab Yeti shock tabs...

And here's the front...

Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I run them but on a 2.2 U4RC rig not a Wraith though it's largely Wraith based.
West & Down 2.2 U4

Great shock, beautifully smooth, easy to bleed, supplied spring a bit heavy though, I've gone to the next softer option spring.
But they're a fat SCT performance shock, they're bearly scale at all.
As far as I can see all scale shocks suffer from lousy performance due to having such a small piston & bore.
Gmade XD have a good rep as a simple, cheap, good quality shock. Lot get frothy over the piggy backs but they can be a pain to fit on a Wraith, the reservoir gets in the way.

Last edited by altd896; 12-15-2015 at 06:15 PM.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the input and photos. I am looking to replace the gmade XD's on my rig now. They leak so bad it's awful. I am hoping to find something close to scale that doesn't leak all over the place.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Oh that's you that had the XDs leaking, I knew if I recommended them that'd happen lol.

I've actually got the Tmaxx spec traxxas big bores on my actual Wraith, I still can't fault them, especially for the price, just fit Wraith springs.

SCX10 Icons work great on light Shafty & MOA comp rigs but I dunno how they'd go on a heavier Wraith.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone running Proline Pro Spec shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody running killer krawler Pro coil over piggy back shocks? hooty481 Axial Wraith 2 02-06-2013 10:48 AM