Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Used Wraith...bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Used Wraith...bad idea?

I actually ended up winning the bid on this rig. For the sake of following this all the way through I'll be sure to follow up with pics/vids showing the quality of it and how it may or may not have been taken care of. For me this was all that I would have upgraded to anyway I like these electronics and the upgrade specific parts. I really can't afford to build it as it is built now. Also keep in mind the DX4S radio is included with 2 receivers which I could easily sell for $150 or keep it and sell my existing radio. That all said, my calculations were as follows:

60: Batteries
330: Kit Wraith
150: Roc 412
190: DX4S
150: HS790TH
130: Mamba Max Pro
120: Wheels
120: links and transmission
80: aluminum panel kit
50: swampers
90: King Shocks

$1470 / 2 = $735

So I paid a little more than half what it would have taken me to build it as it will come to me. For me right now I don't want to do a full kit build and I really love the way this rig is put together. It looked like it was in good shape to me from the pics but I will follow up and let you know if that was really the case!
relay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Ha. That's awesome that you won it. I did put a bid in on it, but got too nervous to go higher than $800. I gotta ask...How high were you willing to bid? Pm me if you don't want to post.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Oh by the way I did email the seller a few times. Those are vanquish titanium links and all the c hubs etc are stage 1 vanquish stuff. There is also the vanquish pan hard kit on it. He also upgraded the diff gears too I think. I think you got a great deal. Congrats.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
Ha. That's awesome that you won it. I did put a bid in on it, but got too nervous to go higher than $800. I gotta ask...How high were you willing to bid? Pm me if you don't want to post.
Ha that's funny! I was wondering if the person who is selling it is on the forum too and it would be cool if they chimed in as well! I went through the pictures thread for like 45 minutes till I realized it's not worth it ha.

Actually I did the auto bid thing with max 800 set, then I noticed at like 1 minute that I may have been out bid with the current bid at 800, I put another max bid of 810 in and then i guess it saw me as the latest 800 bid in the auto bid system? I don't know, I put last max bid in with like 10 seconds to go. I don't usually bid on stuff so it's kinda new to me.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:14 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Oh by the way I did email the seller a few times. Those are vanquish titanium links and all the c hubs etc are stage 1 vanquish stuff. There is also the vanquish pan hard kit on it. He also upgraded the diff gears too I think. I think you got a great deal. Congrats.
Thanks man I appreciate it! Yeah all the brand stuff I could make out was really good so I was guessing that most of the components were really high end. Glad to hear that though thanks for sharing!
Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Wow. I put in the 800 bid and then literally typed in 850 without pressing submit with a minute left. Then I just stared at the clock debating if I wanted it or not. With seconds left I chickened out and said F it. I suck at eBay and thought for sure there was gonna be some crazy bidding. Hilarious though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

I have trouble justifying the crazy high prices Wraiths go for. I mean, at $800, you're going into 1/5 scale gasser territory!

-Corrupt
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Corrupt, what did you spend on your rig?

I dunno... it doesn't take much to go from a $369 RTR to an $800 upgraded version with new parts. Even at $800, it doesn't even sniff most of the wraiths in these forums. Just Upgrading to quality electronics gets you there without even touching the mechanical stuff.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Even with an RTR at $368 you still need a battery and a charger. That puts you over $400 already just to get up and running.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
I have trouble justifying the crazy high prices Wraiths go for. I mean, at $800, you're going into 1/5 scale gasser territory!

-Corrupt
The wraiths don't go for $800. But a wraith with a bunch of upgrade parts that are expensive does. But that's no different than any 1/10 scale rc. It's all in how you want to do the hobby for yourself is all.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Wow. I put in the 800 bid and then literally typed in 850 without pressing submit with a minute left. Then I just stared at the clock debating if I wanted it or not. With seconds left I chickened out and said F it. I suck at eBay and thought for sure there was gonna be some crazy bidding. Hilarious though.

Yeah that was one of my very few ebay bid experiences too. I usually just buy new stuff on there. Now I'm gonna have to sell some stuff off to help keep the ole rc collection from growing too much ha. Anyway it was fun bidding and cool we can chat about it on this forum.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Keep us posted once you receive it, you may of found a diamond in the rough!
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbeast2 View Post
Keep us posted once you receive it, you may of found a diamond in the rough!
Got the Wraith on Friday and the rig is in great shape transmission, HD gears, vanquish titanium links, pan hard kit etc etc. It's clean, there's plenty of grease on the gears etc. However, the ESC (MMP) will not power on. I can connect to it via castle link and it powers on and the software does not indicate any problems at all, however I can't power it via battery. The seller said it was working fine before he sent it, doesn't know why it's not working, that it's under warranty and is going to try to send me the receipt. He said he will do whatever it takes to make it right because he wants to keep his good seller rating. I feel like this was just a fluke and the electronics just pooped out at a bad time. I'm hoping that's the case anyway. We'll see how this plays out but basically I'm a bit disappointed. Thought I'd be able to run it by now but instead have had to tear it down to pull all the electronics to troubleshoot. Receiver, Motor, and Servo all work fine so that's good.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Is there a switch for the esc? I just got a mamba max pro for my yeti. The switch survived one run. After a call to castle they told me to remove the switch.

mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Yea I removed the switch and also swapped out the deans for a new deans in case that was the problem. Still no luck.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know that the seller went above and beyond to get the MMP ESC serviced through the hobby shop he originally bought it from in Colorado. There was a great deal of coordination required since he now lives in Ohio but after all I finally received a working MMP today. So in the end I think I got a good deal, just a little delayed and some unexpected turbulence in receiving the thing. Now, I gotta put it all back together since I tore it apart while I was troubleshooting the electronics and wiring.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Edited because I'm a dumbass that didn't look at the dates.

Last edited by oldpunk; 02-13-2016 at 09:00 PM.
oldpunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Used Wraith...bad idea? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2J's Bad Idea 2JSC 1.9 Scale Rigs 27 05-20-2014 04:47 PM
Bad idea. JCTINY Paint and Body 10 03-16-2013 05:48 AM
Is this a bad idea? mmatthews Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 05-11-2012 09:28 PM
good or bad idea. ax10newguy Tires and Wheels 7 11-21-2011 12:04 AM
That was a bad idea BJoe Chit Chat 5 09-14-2008 08:46 PM