Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Steering slop?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #1

Default Steering slop?

Hello fellow people!

I am curious how to go about solving a problem I have with both of my wraiths. The tires... they move side to side to much. Is this "wheel slop"? What do you do to fix it? It's making my new 4ws setup act funny. Like if i reverse 5 feet with rear steer only, and then i go 5 feet forward, repeat 8 times, the wraith will end up on the other side of the room because the front tires will sloppily move an inch in either direction on their own. If that made any sense.

I would just like my tires to not move back and forth so much.

I truly appreciate any advice anyone may have to offer!

Thanks in advance!

-Dennis
Dennis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Steering slop?

Put your rig on a stand and with the servo powered up steer the wheels back and forth by hand. You might see play in the wheel bearings, c-hubs and/or steering links. Just wiggle the wheels until you can see which components have too much slop. Rod ends and bearings wear out over time so those are your likely culprits. You're never going to get it absolutely true but an inch of play is way too much.

Let us know which parts have been upgraded and how hard they've been run. Pics are also very helpful!
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #3

Default Re: Steering slop?

Put it on a stand and examined further.... derp. One of the screws that connects the VP CMS/panhard was missing. Found exact matching screw from my Team KNK screw kit. Panhard bar doesn't move all over now. Also noticed that there is only one upper link because of the CMS, I will have to fix that. But yeah... an inch of play has been removed lol.

My other wraith is actually in good condition, not much slop at all, thought it was worse for some reason. It has upgraded knuckles, c hubs, universals. I have never purchased bearings before.

I've seen the name Fast Eddy so much that i'm guessing those bearing upgrades are kind of important.

Thanks, Mike!
Dennis76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering slop? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti steering slop mattehmer01 Axial Yeti 10 10-24-2015 08:22 PM
Steering slop Nicolasmj Vaterra Ascender 7 05-22-2015 12:03 PM
Steering slop in tf2 ... milestone RC4WD Trail Finder 2 7 05-11-2013 10:59 AM
Excessive Slop in steering knuckles CDN_Crippler RC4WD Trail Finder 2 8 11-24-2012 09:16 AM