Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Vanquish clamping c hubs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Vanquish clamping c hubs

I have a wraith RTR and the lockouts keep loosening. I found the VP clamping chubs and lockouts, which seem like they would take care of it.

While at it I was going to go ahead and get knuckles but was hoping to save some coin using non VP knuckles as they are expensive.

Looking at either Hot Racing or STRC knuckles, are they compatible? What else would be needed to put the two together?
MissingLugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Vanquish clamping c hubs

Get all Vanquish if possibe. I bought some STRC Lockouts and they suck, fit was horrible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Scott410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
MWRCA'er

Yeah knuckles you generally want to be pretty high end. On one of my rigs I went cheap with STRC knuckles and it has rocking play in the knuckle. A precision fit on the bearings and king pin bushings plays a large factor in overall axle build quality.

Will they fit and be compatible? yes they should. Still likely better than stock.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

go vanquish. ive got a set of old wraith knuckles from them i got 4 years ago that arent the clamping ones and i still use them with no issues
microcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Save up a bit and get all Vanquish. Last I checked CKRC had the vanquish hub/knucks/lockouts in the 25% off bin: Clearance Items 25% Off – CKRC Hobbies

Or buy the stage 1 kit (and buy the knuckle bushings from VP!!) and save some dough by getting it all at once.

Bling factor aside, these are quality parts you likely won't have to replace unless you drive worse than I do, and I *try* to barrel roll.
FaustKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:46 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaustKnight View Post
Save up a bit and get all Vanquish. Last I checked CKRC had the vanquish hub/knucks/lockouts in the 25% off bin: Clearance Items 25% Off – CKRC Hobbies

Or buy the stage 1 kit (and buy the knuckle bushings from VP!!) and save some dough by getting it all at once.

Bling factor aside, these are quality parts you likely won't have to replace unless you drive worse than I do, and I *try* to barrel roll.

Stage1 kit doesn't do clamping Cee & lock-out, clamping is a substanial improvement over std style.
Honestly wouldn't bother with STRC Knuckle, well made, good quality....but still leaves that tie rod down low where it's the first thing to find that something solid you didn't want to hit.
HotRacing have high clearance steering arms.
Or VP std Knuckle
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:08 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Stage1 kit doesn't do clamping Cee & lock-out, clamping is a substanial improvement over std style.
Honestly wouldn't bother with STRC Knuckle, well made, good quality....but still leaves that tie rod down low where it's the first thing to find that something solid you didn't want to hit.
HotRacing have high clearance steering arms.
Or VP std Knuckle
Actually it does include them, I ordered a stage one kit 3 weeks ago and have them on my wraith right now. I think the stage one kit may have an old product photo.

I ordered my stage one kit straight from the vp site.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Actually it does include them, I ordered a stage one kit 3 weeks ago and have them on my wraith right now. I think the stage one kit may have an old product photo.

I ordered my stage one kit straight from the vp site.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
OK I'll stand corrected if that is the case but currently neither the product pic or description says that on the VP site, it's certainly cool if they've updated it to include the scale C-hub.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
OK I'll stand corrected if that is the case but currently neither the product pic or description says that on the VP site, it's certainly cool if they've updated it to include the scale C-hub.
Ah it's just the lockouts that are clamping, the standard hubs don't have a clamping version and no scale stuff is in the stage one.

It is odd that the clamping lockouts aren't listed in the stage one kit. I've got it sitting here here and it's not the one shown in the product photo for the stage kit.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #10
RCC Addict

My stage 1 came with standard lockouts but that was in Dec.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Weird, might be worth mailing VP about before ordering.

Maybe I just got lucky.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

thanks for the sale link! I just ordered a set
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #13

Seems like running the vp scale knuckles requires different offset wheels then stock cause the linkage doesnt clear? I ended up purchasing the clamping chubs and ssd scale knuckles, as well as ssd's steering linkage. We'll see how it all goes together.
MissingLugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLugnut View Post
Seems like running the vp scale knuckles requires different offset wheels then stock cause the linkage doesnt clear? I ended up purchasing the clamping chubs and ssd scale knuckles, as well as ssd's steering linkage. We'll see how it all goes together.
Depends on the wheels.

My Axial Trailready beadlocks would not clear with anything less than a 475 hub, my VP methods would easily clear with a 350 and probably a 225 as well.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLugnut View Post
The vp scale knuckles have the best clearance of any high steer knuckle. I run a 225 hub on 1.9 vp wheels and it clears.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish clamping c hubs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSA: Vanquish SLW hubs use different screws than Axial SLW hubs fyrstormer Tires and Wheels 2 04-29-2015 07:06 PM
Vanquish 12mm Clamping Hex Hub Crawler++ Axial Wraith 7 05-19-2014 03:55 PM