Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Question regarding bearing slop plus update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

Question Question regarding bearing slop plus update

I've been trying to deal with the front axle bearing slop that makes the wheels wobble. I tried the traxxis method of using those thin washers as shims behind the pin and hub. It did help considerably but now it causes friction and in turn makes the motor have to work extra hard and gets worse while turning.

Any thoughts as to how to fix it? I thought about greasing the washer up but then it would just collect a bunch of dirt.

I did however get the 103mm g-made piggyback shocks assembled and put on. Looks to absorb a lot smoother. I haven't tightened the pressure screw on it yet. But I think it's probably about right for slow crawling anyway. I want the softest suspension I can get so It flexes better. I also put lift brackets on it and maxed it out. It looks awesome but looses a lot of handling in the process. It did give it quite a bit more ground clearance but with the frame set up, there isn't a whole lot of angles you can turn the bracket to bolt it up. So the shocks are mostly vertical.

Anyway If someone knows a fix for the hub and bearing issue, please share.
xMOWERYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Question regarding bearing slop plus update

If you added shims to the wheel bearings and now they are too tight subtract from the amount of shim you are using.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Bigger bearings might help. See Dlux fab he sells knuckles with bigger bearings.

Dlux Fab

Also get these

Dlux Fab
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Take your wheel off, then your knuckle and put BLUE loctite on your shaft that touches the outer bearing of your knuckle. Reassemble and let sit overnight (at least 12-16 hrs) . Also try not to rotate the wheel while reassembling. Doing this will eliminate the shaft from sliding in the bearing and will remove most of that slop. Only issue is that you have to "give it some love" to take your knuckle off after you do this. Totally worth it though if you don't disassemble your rig as often as I do.
NWHavok is offline   Reply With Quote

Question regarding bearing slop plus update - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith knuckles bearing slop CrawlCrest Axial Wraith 10 11-10-2019 07:53 AM
Bearing question... 73bronco Axial XR10 11 10-19-2010 07:50 PM
Bearing question Beerman Crawler EnRoute Berg 1 07-23-2010 09:29 PM
Update slop reduction successful NeoSlayer888 General Crawlers 6 07-03-2004 11:14 PM