Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wraith flex pics please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
riz
Quarry Creeper

Default wraith flex pics please

Lets see the flex you can get out of the axial wraith. Also any tips on how you got more flex out of the stock wraith. Thanks in advance.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: wraith flex pics please

The stock Wraith has plenty of flex. Why do you want more?
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Here's some flex.... Gmade 103mm shocks.

aqwik69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Just found a pic of mine. They are internally limited 128mm shocks. They have more travel than I like and decrease performance sometimes. I am going to order the 100mm Kings to replace them. Rule of thumb is 1 tire height or a pop can, that's just about perfect

crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwik69 View Post
Here's some flex.... Gmade 103mm shocks.

Liking those wheels....flex is overrated ....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #6

Just threw on the GearHead wheels in my dorm tonight. Not much to flex on in the small room, but its stock suspension setup

Last edited by HenryZJ; 09-11-2013 at 12:29 PM.
HenryZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Gumborocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Lowered the rude height and increased my suspension travel.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Traxxas front big bores and homemade titanium links

~Chip
WValtakis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I don't guess I will ever understand why people think more flex is better when in reality it is not good at all. I always see these flex threads and just wonder how poorly alot of these must actually crawl. A stock wraith has plenty of flex and in some cases to much. I actually limited mine.

Can somebody please explain to me why you would want more flex and make you your crawler less capable???????
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I don't guess I will ever understand why people think more flex is better when in reality it is not good at all. I always see these flex threads and just wonder how poorly alot of these must actually crawl. A stock wraith has plenty of flex and in some cases to much. I actually limited mine.

Can somebody please explain to me why you would want more flex and make you your crawler less capable???????
So you can take cool looking pics.

Limiting my shock travel was the 2nd best performance improvement I got after the FBII Chassis.

Less is more when it comes to flex in my book as well.

Last edited by Dostradamas; 09-10-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post

Please explain this?
I don't understand why less flex is desired. What are the benefits to limiting travel and purposely creating a situation where 1 or more wheels leaves the ground. I would think that when you are faced with an obstacle requiring huge amounts of articulation to get through, that you would want all 4 tires getting traction. By no means is my question directed in such a way as to discount your theory, it's a very serious question about something I'm not understanding.
aqwik69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Please explain this?
I don't understand why less flex is desired. What are the benefits to limiting travel and purposely creating a situation where 1 or more wheels leaves the ground. I would think that when you are faced with an obstacle requiring huge amounts of articulation to get through, that you would want all 4 tires getting traction. By no means is my question directed in such a way as to discount your theory, it's a very serious question about something I'm not understanding.

Because in many or most situations when crossing a deep hole crack or what ever with one tire it is much better to float the tire over than to sink the tire down in it, especially when the hole is just barely bigger than the tire. It creates less strain on your driveline in more than one way. I have seen many people fail by sinking into a hole and others carried the wheel over and made it with ease and I can't think of a situation that having more flex would have helped but plenty that it hurts. I am sure there are many people that can explain it better than I can.

There is a guy that I crawl with that use to do everything he could to add flex till he started crawling with us and he started taking away his flex. He couldn't follow us climbing even cause as soon as his great and wonderful travel would unload over he went. He also kept busting the pins in his drive shafts because they would flex into such a extreme angle.

Last edited by craddock35; 09-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Please explain this?
I saw that most of the comp guys had their flex limited to about 1 tires height.I figure if the comp guys do it there is likely a very good reason. I tried it and it is much more predictable & seems to get drug down & stuck less.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

The key thing when having a lot of travel is that it is all usable. If your suspension droops until your springs unseat or the drive line binds then it is not helping you at all.

You are correct that having the front end unload is a definite problem you run into. The solution is fairly easy and used in the 1 to 1 world all the time. Simply run your winch to your front axle so that when you hit a steep climb where the front lifts you can suck down the front springs.

The more options you have in your bag of tricks the better.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #16
riz
Quarry Creeper

I just wanted to see how much flex the stock Wraith has versus what people have done to add more flex. I have been away from the hobby for a year or so working on my 1:1 K5 Blazer so I'm not very well versed with the Wraith but thinking of getting one. I currently have an Edge tuber that I have set up with droop and I'm very happy with the amount of flex it has. I'm just trying to learn about the Wraith.

RIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
Lets see the flex you can get out of the axial wraith. Also any tips on how you got more flex out of the stock wraith. Thanks in advance.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

WICKED, I love these psc wraiths!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #18

Hard body Flex!
64suicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

cguit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Still have stock shocks front and rear still have the bump stops in the front
slash 127 is offline   Reply With Quote

wraith flex pics please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low wraith... Same flex? NewbieRC361 Axial Wraith 12 08-12-2013 09:16 PM
leaf spring flex pics rocksteadily General Scale Talk 20 03-26-2011 08:04 PM
Did a few mods...Stretched Wheelbase...Flex Pics Roodki General Crawlers 10 08-15-2006 07:57 PM
Flex pics BLK6.0HD General Crawlers 47 11-17-2005 10:29 PM
Flex Question *Pics* ScMc General Crawlers 9 10-19-2005 03:13 PM