Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Issues setting up 2.2 Wraith DIG unit with Tactic tx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2022, 11:00 AM   #1

Default Issues setting up 2.2 Wraith DIG unit with Tactic tx

Hi.
I've just installed the Axial DIG unit on my 2.2 Wraith. It all works as it should with the Tactic TTX300 3rd channel programmed to 3 positions for rear drive, freewheel and brake.
The problem is that whenever the tx is switched on the 3rd channel always defaults to the last position in an anticlockwise direction, which in this case is 'brake'. (Or the first in a clockwise direction... both the same)
Apart from the slight inconvenience, this can end up burning the servo out if it doesn't fully engage straight away (those of you who have used this DIG will know what I mean).
I've tried reversing the servo throw, but it still defaults to the same position.
I've tried moving the servo arm using this 'default' position as the initial point for position 1 and then setting 2 and 3, but it still defaults to the same position, ie position 3 - brake.
I've tried setting this default position as position 1, then progressed clockwise setting 2 and 3 (3 becoming the original '1', ie 4wd) but no, it still reverts to the 'brake' position when switched on...

Am I missing something simple? Has anyone had this problem and sorted it?

It obviously thinks this position is the centre point, even when programmed in a clockwise direction (so it is assigned as position 1) it will still default to the same physical position upon switch-on... ie the final position in an anticlockwise direction...
I think a servo reversing cable may solve it, but not sure in this case...

I personally don't like steerwheel transmitters and would normally just put a Spektrum rx in and use my DX6i stick tx but it doesn't have a 3 position switchable channel. I have 40mhz gear with this option but I want to stay with 2.4ghz equipment.

Anyone any ideas?
KevB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Issues setting up 2.2 Wraith DIG unit with Tactic tx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIG unit on a wraith Motorider Axial Wraith 14 09-28-2017 01:53 AM
Tactic 70/30 setting? toka100 Axial SCX10 II 0 05-13-2017 07:58 PM
HR Dig unit for Wraith Rig Rocker Axial Wraith 4 01-05-2012 12:49 PM
having issues after adding dig unit highroller Nebraska 9 03-21-2009 11:05 AM
added dig unit now having issues highroller Electronics 5 03-19-2009 05:33 PM