Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: hows this look for my XR10 wish list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #1

Default hows this look for my XR10 wish list?

Hi,

Been looking around, and i only see two possibilities if im going to get me a XR10 - this is the "best" setup, as i understand it:

x2 Tekin T55 Rock Crawler Brushed Motor (55T) (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...shed-Motor-55T)

Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro Voltage Regulator (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Regulator)

x2 Tekin FXR Pro Forward/Reverse Electronic Speed Control - $239.98 (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23820)

Savox SC-1256TG Standard Digital "High Torque" Titanium Gear Servo (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo)

x2 Futaba R604FS 2.4Ghz FASST 4-Channel Receiver (4PK) (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Receiver-4PK)

Now, as i understand it, i will need the two futaba receivers in order to control front and rear esc's. However, i am not entirely sure what the BEC does ? Can anyone enlighten me here? Also, did i pick the right one? I was going by Brandon's setup when i took a look at these items btw.

I am contemplating a "poor mans" setup, which would consist of two different escs, two different motors - and even though i know some of you would frown on the idea, then my thought is ofcourse to save some cash to begin with ( then upgrade later ) - but, if it is a matter of being able to control speed on the front and rear motor, then i figure since they would be different motors and different esc's, i could accomplish a good balance just by adjusting. If i was to do this, then what problems could occur?

Hoping for some input here - thanks!
nos2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice wish list.
LOSIASSOCIATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 AM   #3

Heheh yeah well, one can dream right?

Anyone else care to comment on the whole BEC thing and also the poor man setup?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #4

I just got an offer from my LHC, he said i should go for this instead:

2x Robitronic 21.5T brushless motors, and 2x Robitronic Speedstar ESC's

Can anyone comment on whether or not these would be good for an XR 10 setup?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 AM   #5
RCC Addict

http://www.scalecrawler.de/index.php...&threadID=5141
he used the robitronic brushless stuff
works not bad
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos2k View Post
I just got an offer from my LHC, he said i should go for this instead:

2x Robitronic 21.5T brushless motors, and 2x Robitronic Speedstar ESC's

Can anyone comment on whether or not these would be good for an XR 10 setup?
Besides the fact that the ESCs are rather large and the throttle response isnīt the greatest the robitronic BL-sets have quite some bang for the buck, and Thilo( the build thread Christian linked above) gets some impressive performance out of those things. Also, they have rather small rotors, thatīs why the wheelspeed is much more than with all the other 21,5T BL setups Iīve seen so far.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

if you want to go brushed 2x tekin and 2 holmes 45t or 35 t ;)
guidetti_angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #8

Hey

I realise that tekins might be better, when viewed generally (from inputs etc), but i can get a pretty good deal from these.

Im wondering, - the throttle response isnt the best - is this a serious issue, or is it a minor issue - ie. is it really feelable, or is it in the "luxury" portion of things?

All im saying is, if the tekins (or other brands) would only be fragments better, then id rather stick with these, as they are near and available ( rather than waiting 2 weeks for them ), but if there is a huge difference, then its another story all together!

Also, would it not be possible to adjust these (robitronics) via the computer, to make them suit my needs better?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

First of all.. U only need one rx...
And u don't need the pro fxr.. The regular fxr will work great and u won't be sorry u spent a couple extra bucks on some good esc's..

45t brushed motor will give you Plenty of power for the Xr.. Even cheap integy brushed 45t motors will be plenty motor for .. Skimp on the motor if are going to go cheap somewhere.. Get the fxr's, a good servo and you will be good to go.. A bec is necessary to get the full voltage to your servo in order for it to work at it's best. Without the bec most servos will not work well..
chirogid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

You also don't need the Castle BEC Pro, just the 10 amp BEC. As it was already stated above, one receiver is all that is required. If you are experienced in crawling I'd say go with 45t motors. But give the questions you had I'd say you don't have a lot of experience with them. So go with the 55t's but don't get the Tekin's. They are great motors but wait until you are ready to go a little faster and splurge of them then.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
20K Club

You only need ONE receiver to run dual ESC's. No idea where you are getting two from. Also, buy the new 614FS receiver as it is quite a bit smaller and the same price.

Last edited by Harley; 09-27-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
RCC Addict

like every one said only one reciver
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Another note on the B.E.C. is , the cc bec can handle a 10 amp draw whereas the ESC can only handle about 3 amps, Castle Creations has a nice diagram on how to wire this. also as others have noted you do only need one RX for your wish list and I would recommend the new futaba R614ff as Harley mentioned it is very much smaller in size and has the same function as the R604FS. Forget the 2x fxr pro and go with 2x regular FXR and with the savings invest in the Tekin PC Hotwire Interface to tune it. And if you want to adjust the voltage output of the CC BEC you'll need the castle link interface also. If you decide to go the cheap route just to get crawling because you don't want to wait or save for the gear you know you really want then in the long run you'll end up spending more money because you're not satisfied with the cheap set up. It sucks waiting though, i've been waiting for 2x fxr's for over 2 weeks already.
also check out Harleys guide for the 4PK setup on MOA crawlers.
4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

CC BEC Diagram:
http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ec_wiring.html

Last edited by Wasp26Jim; 09-27-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote