Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Greatscott's M2 XR-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
After calibration everything worked really good, no glitching at all. Then I set it to proportional mode... Two problems:
• One axle will glitch in dig mode if you are at full throttle with the other.
• The porportional mode only has two steps between 4WD and full dig, and they are gaint, inconsistant steps.
- I am wondering if this is a condition of how the 3rd channel was calibrated. During calibration I used the switch I have set to 3 position. I'm going to try to recalibrate it using the switch I have set for linear, I think this is what I did the first time.

The M2's Fan and run time (3S 1100mha):
• With the fan = ~18 mins of run time
• Without the fan = 40 mins plus of run time
sorry for stealing the thread alittle, but, i may have gotten the newer Version of the firmware from the box causing the issue you mentioned, the axles glitching alittle.

also, my proportional is 2 step, full dig or full 4wd.

Those run times with and w/o the fan are crazy! that Fan is a power whore!
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Looks like it haha...damn you fan!!
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Here's a quick update:

Yesterday at OCRCRC's comp my truck was doing its version of the 'funky monkey'... The suspension was unpredictable and at one point the rear axle folded under the truck and though a rod-end had broke. A quick inspection after that run, sadly the first of the day, I found the cause:

These were my upper links, the right links were the ones in the back.

To fix this problem I replaced the stock upper links with Axial aluminum 30deg bent links. On the back upper links I replaced the stock short bent rod-ends with longer bent rod-ends, which clocked my back axle, moving the motor up. (the orange zip times are my ghetto attempt at sliders for the motors)

Brandon from Axial was kind enough to give me one of those very cool extended steering arms, which required me to do a little work on my steering setup:

I used Revo 4mm rod-ends.

This shows the difference between the two steering links:

Now I need to get this thing on the rocks to see how these mods perform.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #84
Rock Stacker

I've got the same prob with proportional dig on mine. I just run in normal dig mode. Gonna ditch the m2 soon as I get the chassis dialed in. Good lookin build man.
JSSOUTHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Underground Crawlers were kind enough to donate one of its Viper chassis to Rock Candy for their last fundraiser; and I was the lucky guy who won it...

So, here it is:

All of the electronics are the same as the original build and still going strong.

I wanted to paint up some Lexan for the body panels, but I couldn't find any in my local area. I've got quite a bit of this aluminum laying around, so I fabbed up some panels with it. I was going to paint them, but I kind of like it the way it is. All of the panels together weight about an once.

The chassis build and setup:
Going from the stock chassis to the Viper, I gained about 1/3 of an inch in WB. After a lot of geeking and tweaking I got it dubiously close to comp legal.

My one biggest complaints about this chassis is the battery tray, my batteries rub on the lower links causing a little bit of binding. Plus, it is a pain to get the battery in there. I will remedy this with one of Rowdy's battery mounts.

I'd like to really go in depth on the setup and tuning of this chassis, but between work, clearing the back yard of brush, building a dog kennel, and getting firewood cut and stacked, I had just barely enough time to get it together and functionally tested before today's comp. Overall I like it, even with a gross lack of tuning I think it handles better than the stock chassis.

Future upgrades:
- One of Rowdy's Battery mounts
- A VP front link mount (in the mail)
- A set of RC4WD gears

The pics above were taken before todays comp, here it is after...

Again, MANY THANKS to UGC and Rock Candy!!!
Also thanks to Brice (Frankenwheely) and Lisa (Team Debead) for playing pack-mule from the AWCC.

Last edited by Greatscott; 09-17-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #86
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Looking good Scott. How did you do at the comp?
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

I finished 6th. The chassis performed really well, I just didn't drive very well. Everyone pretty much got through their first two course dry, and the last two were like driving on slime.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #88
D-Wray 4 Prez!

That's good...as long as theren wasn't just 7 drivers.
Way to go buddy.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Great job this weekend Scott!

Those rocks got pretty slick! I about busted my ass a couple of times! Almost fell into the freakin river on course one!!

Your rig looks nice. Was wondering where you got the links? Did you make them yourself?
KnoJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoJa View Post
Great job this weekend Scott!

Those rocks got pretty slick! I about busted my ass a couple of times! Almost fell into the freakin river on course one!!

Your rig looks nice. Was wondering where you got the links? Did you make them yourself?
I hear ya, I fell once, I had my TX in one hand and my camera in the other , luckily I was able to catch myself on an elbow and a knee with only my pride hurt.

The uppers are Axial 30 deg links, the front lowers are the stock XR links, the back lowers are CKRC 30 deg links.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-hea...s-2-p-842.html

I had the CKRC links on the front lowers as well, but they made the front a little unpredictable. Plus, I saw that Jake was running this setup, asked him a few questions about it and figured I'd give it a try (now if I only had Jake's driving skills I'd be set...)
Old 01-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Greatscott's M2 XR-10

Just a drawing update...

...these aren't the droids we are looking for, move along...
Old 01-24-2015, 12:43 AM   #92
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Blast from the past. This rig killed in Socal SD baby!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

SO propo dig works well for you? What radio are you using these days? Me and a friend both have m2s but mine seems to bug out in propo mode.
Savagethrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Scott i thought you moved to Washington state?

Are you still comping?

We are comping with BLC down here. I'm now running a Bully 2.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

I was in WA, retired from the Navy and got a job in N. Idaho at a small navy base. They do scale comps up here, sort of, nothing like the comps down there, I miss that. The club over in WA is really active and had some good comps over there, but it is a 5 hour drive to get to them now. I miss the clubs and the people from So. Cal, had a lot of fun.

M2...
Proportional mode worked on the first one I had, but I tried updating the firmware and that M2 fried. I received a replacement and the propo barely works and really isn't worth using at all, I just use three position dig, it works well enough. I am using a DX3R to control it.