Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Axial XR10
Loading

Notices

Thread: 4VP V3 MOA Conversion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Posts: 1,441
Default 4VP V3 MOA Conversion

So I was looking at on of my 4VP chassis and thinking that it should be hard to make it usable as an MOA chassis. Well pending testing, there will be a kit available so that you can take your old 4VP v3 Chassis and use it on a MOA type Axle. Here's what it looks like.

It will be a really easy MOD:

1: Cut 1/4 inch off each brace to narrow the chassis to 3 inches
2: Use 2 - 36mm braces and 4 11mm spacers on the bottom to mount the lower links.
3: with a dremmel, cut the battery holder and mount it to the two 36mm braces.
4: Use the hood as battery access and mount the ESC, RX, and BEC all dead center in the lower brace.






Last edited by Abavuso; 07-03-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...
 
HARDKNOCKZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Kali...
Posts: 2,469
Default

That's definitely a cool looking chassis & I'm digging the multitude of mounting holes for....well EVERYTHING!!! Never ceases to amaze me how the slightest little change in shock angle, height, link location etc can COMPLETELY change the handling of a rig. I'm interested to see how it does for ya as an MOA.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
That's definitely a cool looking chassis & I'm digging the multitude of mounting holes for....well EVERYTHING!!! Never ceases to amaze me how the slightest little change in shock angle, height, link location etc can COMPLETELY change the handling of a rig. I'm interested to see how it does for ya as an MOA.
Thanks, I was just trying a find a way to produce more sales for this shafty chassis by porting it to moa... It worked fenominal on the Venom, so I'm interested to see how well it will work with a moa setup. I'll have to add the upper and lower's to round it off as a conversion kit.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Posts: 1,441
Default 4VP MOA Conversion Kit Works!!!

Well, I'm pleased to announce that the 4VP v3 MOA Conversion works awesome with the XR-10. So in the next few weeks you can expect to see the kit with instructions available so that you can use your 4VP v3 chassis with any MOA type Axle!!

To do the conversion you will need to cut 1/4 in off each cross brace and remove the lower front nose cross brace.

From the Kit you will get:

1 - Battery Plate/Brace Protector
2 - Counter Sunk 3x8 mm Battery Plate Hardware.
2 - Center Lower link Braces
2 - Lower Link Spacers
4 - 3x25mm lower link hardware

Slide in your electronics and off you go!!!

Video ----- http://s757.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=3VPv3MOA.mp4

Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Always building!
 
jebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The east coast
Posts: 2,446
Default

any updates on this kit? i'm curious if you have done more testing.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Posts: 1,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
any updates on this kit? i'm curious if you have done more testing.
Yes, I've done some more testing, It works extreamly well, and I do have 4 of the bottom plates made, I've got to get some Aluminum for the bottom cross brace, the delrin brace for the skid is a little too flexable. Other than that, it works soo good I'm conflicted on weather I want to run the Hawk or the 4VP v3 Conversion.

It would be done by now but I had to go to an Army MI school for a few weeks. Once I get back I'm going to finish it up and get them roling. If you want to test one out, I'll send one down to you.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Always building!
 
jebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The east coast
Posts: 2,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
Yes, I've done some more testing, It works extreamly well, and I do have 4 of the bottom plates made, I've got to get some Aluminum for the bottom cross brace, the delrin brace for the skid is a little too flexable. Other than that, it works soo good I'm conflicted on weather I want to run the Hawk or the 4VP v3 Conversion.

It would be done by now but I had to go to an Army MI school for a few weeks. Once I get back I'm going to finish it up and get them roling. If you want to test one out, I'll send one down to you.
sorry about not catching your response earlier. been a busy summer. i would love to test one out. given how well my creeper is working with the original chassis seeing one on my xr10 would be sweet. let me know if i can help.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
Always building!
 
jebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The east coast
Posts: 2,446
Default

i just realized i have the v1 of the 4VP chassis. given the updates you've made moving forward to the v3 i'm not sure my v1 would be compatible with an xr10. what do you think?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com