Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Opinions...wire the servo right to the BEC or through your receiver.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Opinions...wire the servo right to the BEC or through your receiver.

I have always run the BEC to the receiver "Battery in" port but I am noticing a good few of you guys wire the BEC voltage right to the servo instead. I have a Spektrum SR300T RX and I get much better range when the voltage going to it is at 6v minimum. It can handle up to 9.6v. I have had four of these RXs in a few different RCs and still in my Maxx. The Maxx uses a LiFe 6.6v battery with no BEC. All the servos are 7.4v servos so it all works great.
My Q for the Yeti XL....is my 7.4v Savox servo better off the way I have it or will it be better off feeding directly off the BEC? I was even thinking of wiring a separate 2s Lipo just for the servo, RX and lights. I have a spare MaxAmps 2s 1200mah 100c lipo left over from a Nitro Losi truck I sold off....Doing that would make my two Venoms lipos just for the motor.

So...I have time this weekend and I have two castle 10a BECs and and extra Lipo. Leave it the way it is or re wire? IDK..Maybe I should go for a walk in the snow instead.
***Maybe I am thinking too Nitro electrics minded right now.....***
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #2

Default Re: Opinions...wire the servo right to the BEC or through your receiver.

I am also plagued with the same dilemma. For me I think I am going to run an extension between the servo and the Rx and just disconnect the Pos and Neg terminals and route the leads to a secondary battery (hopefully one will fit in the fuel cell/weight box). I'm not sure though.
olfajarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Opinions...wire the servo right to the BEC or through your receiver. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Direct Servo/BEC wiring diagram help: Does signal wire require ground? STANG KILLA SS Electronics 8 04-16-2014 12:47 PM
How do I wire dual ESC, CC BEC, and servo? mdowney Newbie General 10 04-02-2014 04:03 PM
Opinions on best wire for electronics morg59jeep Electronics 20 01-31-2010 01:35 PM
MRC radio and receiver with sidewinder esc/cc bec/hitec 125$servo/ 2s lipo?? phase10 Electronics 5 03-13-2009 12:57 PM
Wire Guage Opinions?? frdtrkguy Electronics 7 01-05-2009 02:40 PM