Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Rear driveshaft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Rear driveshaft

So I was playing against a chain link fence doing backflips when the rear shaft snapped at the transmission side where it reduces down to the ribbed part. I have searched all over for an upgrade driveshaft to no avail and apparently it's harder than hell to find the stock one, if you do and the p,ace has it in stock its like 30 bucks or more. Anyone know if and where someone is selling an upgraded rear driveshaft?

FYI it does some awesome backflips off a fence, just nose up to it and nap the trigger one good time is all it takes. I should have kept off the throttle but a backflip to a wheelie across the yard was just too cool. Yes, I was showing off for my sons neighborhood kids....

Thanks for any help!
rob4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rear driveshaft

At the current time I don't think anyone makes upgraded drive shafts. Mine was slightly twisted after my second run on 6s so I took a 1/4 bolt just slightly longer than the splined side of the shaft and stuck it in there then secured it with some silicone. Haven't had an issue yet with the drive shaft, I seem to break something on every run but the drive shaft is still holding strong.
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=321674371975
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Ha Ha did you also see "This item is out of stock."

I also had a slight twist in mine but that was after my 1st and only run of 15sec on 4S. I stuck a aluminum dowel inside like i had to do with my Wraith when i went to a motor with more torque. It held up for a while until it didn't and then i went MIP. I can't wait for the MIP to come out. If they make one i bet 8S couldn't break it.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Smile Re: Rear driveshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Ha Ha did you also see "This item is out of stock."

I also had a slight twist in mine but that was after my 1st and only run of 15sec on 4S. I stuck a aluminum dowel inside like i had to do with my Wraith when i went to a motor with more torque. It held up for a while until it didn't and then i went MIP. I can't wait for the MIP to come out. If they make one i bet 8S couldn't break it.
Lol, it was in stock when I posted. Oh well I tried
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

This alloy dowel? Goes inside the splined part to reinforce the walls from collapsing in?
fornowagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
This alloy dowel? Goes inside the splined part to reinforce the walls from collapsing in?
Correct, when I put the bolt in mine it was because the splines were beginning to twist in where the end of female side rest on the male end. By putting a bolt or dowel in there it isn't allowed to flex as much. Seems to be holding up to the 6s abuse I put the truck thru.
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Might be a help to the community here if somebody could post the front and rear driveshaft dimensions (inner and outer lengths and diameters) so we can work on interim fixes while we wait for an aftermarket solution. For example, a precise measurement of inner diameter, and how far it extends on the inside of each half of the driveshaft would help us source aluminum or steel tubing that's a precise fit (assuming the tighter the fit, the better load will be transferred to the metal tubing before warping of the plastic shaft occurs).
avted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:14 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info. And like a dumb a$$ I kept hitting the ebay buy it now over and over yesturday....

Anyway It is hard for me to spend roughly 30 bucks on another OEM one. I guess I'll hit up axial and see what they say, maybe they have a stash for warranty claims.

Come on MIP!!! Even Hot Racing, someone....
rob4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I put 1/4 rod in mine with crazy glue on it
mushroom281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rear driveshaft - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIP rear driveshaft jayrod24ky Axial Yeti 12 10-22-2014 11:56 AM
dogbone rear driveshaft nappahdog Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 09-23-2013 01:26 PM
3S Stress Test: Rear Driveshaft. Soulo747 Vaterra Twin Hammers 22 03-08-2013 09:14 AM
Broken rear driveshaft losikid Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 04-09-2010 08:38 PM
Looong Rear Driveshaft? eb76adam General Crawlers 11 10-16-2004 07:30 AM