Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing BellCrank Fried Servo after 5 min

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #1

Exclamation Hot Racing BellCrank Fried Servo after 5 min

Well did some searching and found several posts about this.
Sent email to hot racing to see if I set it up wrong. There answer was check the forum and your local hobby shop.
Should i just remove it and leave it as lesson learned.
How should i set it up?
What would make it cause a servo to go bad so quick.
Servo was fine before now i have to get a new one.
I'm new to the RC world pretty much.
themacguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hot Racing BellCrank Fried Servo after 5 min

RTR stock servo? If so it is junk and you need to upgrade.
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Was it an rtr? There is a ton of flex in all the rtr plastic parts. The more of that flex that gets removed, the more strain there is on the servo as all that energy that was taken up by flexing plastic gets transferred directly to the servo. The rtr servo is pretty under powered for a truck this size so with all that extra stress I wouldn't expect it to last very long unfortunately. That said, the other possible culprits would likely be binding and end points. Before you put the new servo in just make sure that it feels like the steering moves freely and isn't binding. With the servo disconnected the wheels should turn freely. If not then something might be assembled wrong or damaged. When you put in the new servo check the end points. With the wheel cranked all the way to full lock does it seem like the servo is still straining to turn it further? If so, you need to back off the endpoints so the servo stops turning just a hair before full lock. Finally (although maybe most importantly), get a higher torque servo. Search through the threads here a bit and you'll find some good recommendations.
crockins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #4

Yep stock RTR servo. I broke my front Diff output so I ordered aluminum tie rods and the bell-crank since i was gonna have it apart. Parts got here was excited to go play installed everything. Put battery's in and 5 turns later no steering.
I think the bell-crank should have disclaimer to buy servo at same time I would of ordered the servo. So now im ordering a servo and whatever other mods i find.
themacguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by themacguru1 View Post
Yep stock RTR servo. I broke my front Diff output so I ordered aluminum tie rods and the bell-crank since i was gonna have it apart. Parts got here was excited to go play installed everything. Put battery's in and 5 turns later no steering.
I think the bell-crank should have disclaimer to buy servo at same time I would of ordered the servo. So now im ordering a servo and whatever other mods i find.
It is not the bellcranks fault bro. Axial dropped the ball when they put in a servo that wont even turn the front wheels on the 1/10 Yeti. A four cylinder engine wouldn't last long pulling a dump truck...LOL,
You will be so much happier when you get a new servo! Turns way better.
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Start reading this forum and you will see where others are having issues. That way, you will be well informed what you need to make your YXL experience a good one
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Hot Racing BellCrank Fried Servo after 5 min - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing Links are hot mess!! Sethmetal Axial Wraith 53 04-12-2013 12:27 PM
Hot racing dig servo mount on the tranny? Flatty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 07-17-2009 06:50 PM
new servo stopping after 30 min use timo992001 Newbie General 5 02-05-2009 12:56 PM
GH Racing by Golden Horizons - *NEW* Steering Bellcrank GH Racing Vendors Miscellaneous 0 02-11-2008 07:41 PM