Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Maiden voyage run times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #1

Default Maiden voyage run times.

As i go through the forums i see everyones first time runs dont usually last that long. Just seeing if anyone holds the crown for fastest maiden voyage.

Got mine together drove it for roughly 5 mins, snapped an a-arm. Didnt even make it through the first battery packs. Lets hear the stories guys!
Gradymanzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Maiden voyage run times.

Here is my Maiden from today with notes. Yeti XL Maiden Run Video.. Success!!!!

I ran just seconds shy of 22min using SPC 8200mAh, 50C, 2S. Since these were on the first cycle, i quit when i noticed a drop in power. After a few cycles these will only get better and stable.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

You must have found a unicorn. You are like one of 3 people thats rigs didnt blow up on the first run lol
Old 03-31-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Unicorn. Ha! Ha! Glad i did.

Over the last 3-4 months i fully rebuilt like a kit my Wraith, Rival, Losi 8T 2.0 Nitro to E-Conversion and worked on my Slash LCG non stop due to breaking it all the time. What a POS that thing was and glad i sold it. Anyway, I took my time and i think all the previous wrenching paid off. I have OCD big time and i am a little anal ok a lot and being an engineer in real life helped me slow down with all the crappy mistakes in the manual to say um mo that's not right. I screwed up on the tranny build but fixed that before the maiden and i thoroughly hosed up my shock build as they are leaking. So far no gremlins. I am not a hardcore basher or driver by any means and i think 4S helped.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Well, I have been on vacation and was t able to stow mine away but I managed to get a few runs on mine before we left and the only thing I managed to break was a few hearts at the local meet and greet when I debuted it!

I can see how a few parts aren't up to the challenge when over driven but all in all, mine is pretty tough. No damage here.

Oh, by the way, mine is a purple unicorn - LOL
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

My first few runs out I don't think anything broke but my TX needed to be rebound twice. It was my first mod...Spektrum'd it with telemetry. Then a few runs later I killed the front diff and a rear drive shaft. But knock it on wood....it's been rock solid since. No unicorn here....more of a knarley Donkey!! LoL
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I haven't broken anything on my kit yet. I'm still surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #8

Well, I will probably jinx myself with this post but I have not had a single failure while driving my RTR. I log my battery charges and I have driven 16 full sessions now on 4s. The only thing I've noticed is my rear driveshaft has a slight twist to it. My diffs ARE NOT SHIMMED. I did pack the front and rear gear sets with automotive moly grease (red) after the 5th charge, after reading some gear failures posts.

Trust me...I drive the crap out of it. I've done many backflips off the neighbor's fence and my trees. Off-camber, curb jumps where the ass-end bounces up and make the vehicle turn into a ninja star. I have pulled my 3 and 5yr old in a radio flyer wagon up and down the street a few times with it. I'm still with the stock servo but it is getting weak.

Only "failure" was the pot-metal wrench that was included. It stripped the axle nut the 1st time I went to take the tire off. I have since upgraded to the Hot Bodies hub kit and never looked back. I also have Dhawk full aluminum steering rack and the aluminum steering and camber rods that bobthebidder$ sells on Ebay.

One thing I have taught myself is no full throttle squeezes until I feel the gear boxes are warmed up.
Money Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I got about 5 packs in mine before I busted the rear axle housing and another 5 packs when the servo went out. Still sitting debating on selling due to no parts to upgrade with and I really don't have the money for $150 servo that won't break
exokiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #10
RCC Addict

LOL! Ya shouldn't own a Corvette of ya can't afford the oil changes!
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
I ran just seconds shy of 22min using SPC 8200mAh, 50C, 2S. Since these were on the first cycle, i quit when i noticed a drop in power. After a few cycles these will only get better and stable.
I charged by SPC's last night and i think i over did it a little. I put back in 7353mAh. I have my LVC cut off at 3.4V and never came close to it. As soon as the power sagged i stopped. I'll set my timer on my radio for 15min and see what i put back in next time.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #12

Was so excited got my new a-arms in today got em all installed took it out for another 5 mins was great.......till the rear gears started clicking. They wont move in forward but the truck will do a backflip in reverse. Seriously contemplating selling this thing. Broke down the rear end and some plastic that at the back of the rear axle housing where the driveshaft goes in is like melted or something and got in the actual gear set. Anyone know of any upgrades for the pinions yet?

Last edited by Gradymanzx; 04-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradymanzx View Post
Was so excited got my new a-arms in today got em all installed took it out for another 5 mins was great.......till the rear gears started clicking. They wont move in forward but the truck will do a backflip in reverse. Seriously contemplating selling this thing. Broke down the rear end and some plastic that at the back of the rear axle housing where the driveshaft goes in is like melted or something and got in the actual gear set. Anyone know of any upgrades for the pinions yet?
Can you take a picture of the damage?
fornowagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
LOL! Ya shouldn't own a Corvette of ya can't afford the oil changes!

haha right well normally it wouldn't be a problem but I went on a mini vaca and spent more than expected and then no overtime at work which means my check is about $500 less than normal haha!
exokiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
Can you take a picture of the damage?
I'll try to get a picture up later today if i have time before work.

Maiden voyage run times. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti - Maiden Voyage HD eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-02-2015 01:23 AM
my D110 maiden voyage eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-13-2014 08:26 AM
Solomon7's XJ maiden voyage Pointman Videos! 0 03-22-2011 09:43 PM
the python's maiden voyage.... rockwerks Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 7 08-23-2006 10:52 PM
Maiden voyage for the Mounty.... Mad Hatter 2.2 Scale Rigs 11 03-31-2006 07:29 AM