Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL new kit owner!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 AM   #1

Talking Yeti XL new kit owner!

Hey all, just bought a Yeti XL kit and looking for some advice. I have read a lot of the tips on here and watched plenty of video's as well. I have already bought a bunch of upgrades including the Dhawk steering and Hitec mega torque servo. Also bought the castle 2200KV and Mamba Monster X combo as well. My main concern is building the diffs correctly. Is Barharbor Basher still doing the pinion mods for folks?? If so I would like to send mine to him and am totally willing to kick him down some cash for his troubles. I am also going to buy either the vanquish or RC4WD housing for the rear as well. Planning on buying the Dhawk V2 bulkhead and a few other things as well in time. I want to build it right the first time which is why I chose the kit version. I enjoy reading all the info on here and enjoy the pictures as well. Looking forward to getting this beast up and running and thank you ahead of time for any and all advice you all may give!
omologatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Yeti XL new kit owner!

Welcome to the fun. I would PM BHB as I believe he was having someone else doing the mod now but I could be wrong.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Have fun! You're going to enjoy it. I'm just about finished with mine.
I'm doing mine back asswards though, putting all the upgrades on my RTR and building the kit stock.
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #4

Sounds great, thanks! I am buying all my upgrades and doing it right the first time if I can! Buying a trick set of 3d printed ABS beadlocks as well! Should be cool!!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by omologatto View Post
Hey all, just bought a Yeti XL kit and looking for some advice. I have read a lot of the tips on here and watched plenty of video's as well. I have already bought a bunch of upgrades including the Dhawk steering and Hitec mega torque servo. Also bought the castle 2200KV and Mamba Monster X combo as well. My main concern is building the diffs correctly. Is Barharbor Basher still doing the pinion mods for folks?? If so I would like to send mine to him and am totally willing to kick him down some cash for his troubles. I am also going to buy either the vanquish or RC4WD housing for the rear as well. Planning on buying the Dhawk V2 bulkhead and a few other things as well in time. I want to build it right the first time which is why I chose the kit version. I enjoy reading all the info on here and enjoy the pictures as well. Looking forward to getting this beast up and running and thank you ahead of time for any and all advice you all may give!
Sounds like a great build in the works!! I left the information about the HD pinion mod posted on the HD thread.. I've tried to distance myself from the mod because of my uncertain circumstantial standings .
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

OK, I guess I will have to watch the video again and whip out the ol dremel and do it myself and hope it turns out right! Same with the trans, I will buy a cpol HSS drill bits and see if I can make a cpl on size pins from your info!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

It's not that hard to do yourself I did mine. I didn't have a set up like BHB so I did 1 tooth at a time. Take your time and don't worry all the teeth don't have to be dead nuts even. Mine aren't and work just fine. Make sure you remove all of the hunch or notch if you go a little too far in a few spots it will still be ok I did and mine are fine.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti XL new kit owner! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Yeti owner TKG26 Axial Yeti 28 04-30-2016 01:58 PM
soon to be new owner of the goliath yeti SwampDawg Axial Yeti XL 3 02-10-2015 08:20 PM
New Yeti Owner - Couple Questions LSXGMC Axial Yeti 7 01-10-2015 09:47 PM
New Yeti Owner - Questions ebbet Axial Yeti 1 01-04-2015 05:26 PM
New scx10 owner/kit help FlubberBuns Axial SCX-10 11 04-17-2014 05:34 PM