Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Yeti XL project

S/O to sabot x I saw him get this body on YouTube so I went ahead and reached out to the guy who made this body!

I had the mamba xl 1:5 system motor and I couldn't get it to fit so I went with the velineon 1600xl motor that's on the xmaxx!!

Next I have to finish putting my front end together and my yeti xl build is done guys! With my gearing setup right now I should be able to get at least 70mph on this thing! The goal is 100 mph! I have to also purchase grp wheels and tires because these stock tires are horrible with this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Yeti XL project

What gearing did you go with?
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr1514 View Post
What gearing did you go with?

60t spur and 26t pinion...ill be testing that out and see where that goes

Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks Incredible Bud !! Looks like the race to 100 is on ! I'm happy that you're giving the YXL a shot. It's a pretty cool rig for sure. Make sure that you tune your slipper cluch or you'll be dealing with broken sungear pins of shattered output cups... That's been it's only thing that my Bomber eats for lunch with a locked up slipper.. Milling machine and lathe should be here soon.
I adjusted my shock oil, added progressive springs and added a HR front track bar and it's a drifter at 40+

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 06-30-2017 at 10:19 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Looks Incredible Bud !! Looks like the race to 100 is on ! I'm happy that you're giving the YXL a shot. It's a pretty cool rig for sure. Make sure that you tune your slipper cluch or you'll be dealing with broken sungear pins of shattered output cups... That's been it's only thing that my Bomber eats for lunch with a locked up slipper.. Milling machine and lathe should be here soon.
I adjusted my shock oil, added progressive springs and added a HR front track bar and it's a drifter at 40+

Nice!!! Did you ever post videos of your yeti xl speedster? I haven't seen it

Old 06-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
RCC Addict

No I've sort of stepped away from the RC seen for a while.. I recently lost my mother and 3 days ago I delivered my first born son at home. I recently purchased a 4-seater RZR and I have my project K30 84" (Retro Silverado) in the works where I'm dropping in a 528 big block/ turbo hydrostatic 420 camper transmission , Unimog Volvo c303 portal axles with a 2015 SS Grill, Denali running lights updated mirrors and Phantom Cadillac LED brake lights in the rear.. I rounded up most of my parts for that project. Diesel Killer..
Unfortunately with everything that's going on my plans have changed.. I'm unfortunately not able to attend axial Fest this year I was really looking forward it!!!
Life being back in a positive note I'll probably start posting up new videos and explain how you guys are able to win one of my axial Concepts on my channel Thanks again Jeo for showing your interest !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo-15 View Post
Nice!!! Did you ever post videos of your yeti xl speedster? I haven't seen it

BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
No I've sort of stepped away from the RC seen for a while.. I recently lost my mother and 3 days ago I delivered my first born son at home. I recently purchased a 4-seater RZR and I have my project K30 84" (Retro Silverado) in the works where I'm dropping in a 528 big block/ turbo hydrostatic 420 camper transmission , Unimog Volvo c303 portal axles with a 2015 SS Grill, Denali running lights updated mirrors and Phantom Cadillac LED brake lights in the rear.. I rounded up most of my parts for that project. Diesel Killer..

Unfortunately with everything that's going on my plans have changed.. I'm unfortunately not able to attend axial Fest this year I was really looking forward it!!!

Life being back in a positive note I'll probably start posting up new videos and explain how you guys are able to win one of my axial Concepts on my channel Thanks again Jeo for showing your interest !

Awww man sorry for your loss and congrats at the same time for your new blessing...I'll always give you your props for introducing me to the yeti bro! I'll be posting pics of th progress of my rigs! Good luck on the new car too bro I know you'll make it a rocket ship lol

Yeti XL project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti Xl Project x3m897k Axial Yeti XL 5 04-17-2016 08:32 AM
My yeti project. 1JEEPNICK1 Axial Yeti 2 01-15-2015 04:58 PM
Project Yeti slackerman 1.9 Scale Rigs 22 07-31-2011 10:10 PM