Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Is there anyway to get mod 1 gearing in the yeti xl? 32 pitch gearing is working great but I want to go more aggressive in my gearing options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Yes all you need is a sleeve that will attach to the YXL slipper shaft like what Robinson racing has, that will accommodate the spur gear and slipper clutch of another brand of your choice. Maybe you can just buy the sleeve from Robinson racing and modify that to fit other Mod 1 setup. Or you can use the YXL clutch setup and modify a mod 1 spur gear so it can accommodate the YXL slipper pad and the 5 x 11 x 4 mm spacer or bearing. BTW, and you may already be aware, Mod 1's diameter is teeth + 2 mm so YXL's 68T 32P spur gear is 55.56 mm which is equivalent to 53T in mod 1. Good luck with your search.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
Yes all you need is a sleeve that will attach to the YXL slipper shaft like what Robinson racing has, that will accommodate the spur gear and slipper clutch of another brand of your choice. Maybe you can just buy the sleeve from Robinson racing and modify that to fit other Mod 1 setup. Or you can use the YXL clutch setup and modify a mod 1 spur gear so it can accommodate the YXL slipper pad and the 5 x 11 x 4 mm spacer or bearing. BTW, and you may already be aware, Mod 1's diameter is teeth + 2 mm so YXL's 68T 32P spur gear is 55.56 mm which is equivalent to 53T in mod 1. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the reply! I was researching all last night and I couldn't really find anything. Do you have part numbers to the parts in which you speak of?

Old 07-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo-15 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I was researching all last night and I couldn't really find anything. Do you have part numbers to the parts in which you speak of?

Here is the picture link for the RR gen 3 Axial yeti sleeve which also fits the YXL. I don't have a part number nor do I know if RR is selling just this part. This is the link if you choose to modify the spur gear instead and use the stock YXL slipper clutch, just a caveat, the gears are coming from China delivery to your door takes 4 - 6 weeks also on bigger gears center hole varies from 8 - 12 mm and are 10 mm thick. Cheap 45# Steel but so far reliable, I've ordered my 1 - 3 mod pinion and ring gear, 1.5 mod and 1 mod pinion/spur gears from them and after 68 hrs of bashing on each, I haven't broken them YET. BTW all gears they sent started out rough no need to file them smooth, the gears smooths out after you break them in. Hope this helps you out.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
Here is the picture link for the RR gen 3 Axial yeti sleeve which also fits the YXL. I don't have a part number nor do I know if RR is selling just this part. This is the link if you choose to modify the spur gear instead and use the stock YXL slipper clutch, just a caveat, the gears are coming from China delivery to your door takes 4 - 6 weeks also on bigger gears center hole varies from 8 - 12 mm and are 10 mm thick. Cheap 45# Steel but so far reliable, I've ordered my 1 - 3 mod pinion and ring gear, 1.5 mod and 1 mod pinion/spur gears from them and after 68 hrs of bashing on each, I haven't broken them YET. BTW all gears they sent started out rough no need to file them smooth, the gears smooths out after you break them in. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks a lot brother you're the man for this information

Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gearing for Yeti with H/Wing 4000kv byrnieman Axial Yeti 9 09-14-2016 01:05 PM
Yeti gearing quetion. HELP! honchoscaler Axial Yeti 4 11-02-2015 07:39 AM
Yeti Gearing Keola808 Axial Yeti 2 04-03-2015 06:10 PM
yeti gearing on 2s tuba6869 Axial Yeti 4 02-09-2015 03:50 PM
gearing for scx10 with yeti motor cammok5 Axial SCX-10 5 11-07-2014 07:36 PM