Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL
Loading

Notices

Thread: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Camden
Posts: 60
Default Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Is there anyway to get mod 1 gearing in the yeti xl? 32 pitch gearing is working great but I want to go more aggressive in my gearing options.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: florida
Posts: 300
Default Re: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Yes all you need is a sleeve that will attach to the YXL slipper shaft like what Robinson racing has, that will accommodate the spur gear and slipper clutch of another brand of your choice. Maybe you can just buy the sleeve from Robinson racing and modify that to fit other Mod 1 setup. Or you can use the YXL clutch setup and modify a mod 1 spur gear so it can accommodate the YXL slipper pad and the 5 x 11 x 4 mm spacer or bearing. BTW, and you may already be aware, Mod 1's diameter is teeth + 2 mm so YXL's 68T 32P spur gear is 55.56 mm which is equivalent to 53T in mod 1. Good luck with your search.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Camden
Posts: 60
Default Re: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
Yes all you need is a sleeve that will attach to the YXL slipper shaft like what Robinson racing has, that will accommodate the spur gear and slipper clutch of another brand of your choice. Maybe you can just buy the sleeve from Robinson racing and modify that to fit other Mod 1 setup. Or you can use the YXL clutch setup and modify a mod 1 spur gear so it can accommodate the YXL slipper pad and the 5 x 11 x 4 mm spacer or bearing. BTW, and you may already be aware, Mod 1's diameter is teeth + 2 mm so YXL's 68T 32P spur gear is 55.56 mm which is equivalent to 53T in mod 1. Good luck with your search.


Thanks for the reply! I was researching all last night and I couldn't really find anything. Do you have part numbers to the parts in which you speak of?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: florida
Posts: 300
Default Re: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo-15 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I was researching all last night and I couldn't really find anything. Do you have part numbers to the parts in which you speak of?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is the picture link for the RR gen 3 Axial yeti sleeve which also fits the YXL. I don't have a part number nor do I know if RR is selling just this part. This is the link if you choose to modify the spur gear instead and use the stock YXL slipper clutch, just a caveat, the gears are coming from China delivery to your door takes 4 - 6 weeks also on bigger gears center hole varies from 8 - 12 mm and are 10 mm thick. Cheap 45# Steel but so far reliable, I've ordered my 1 - 3 mod pinion and ring gear, 1.5 mod and 1 mod pinion/spur gears from them and after 68 hrs of bashing on each, I haven't broken them YET. BTW all gears they sent started out rough no need to file them smooth, the gears smooths out after you break them in. Hope this helps you out.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Camden
Posts: 60
Default Re: Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
Here is the picture link for the RR gen 3 Axial yeti sleeve which also fits the YXL. I don't have a part number nor do I know if RR is selling just this part. This is the link if you choose to modify the spur gear instead and use the stock YXL slipper clutch, just a caveat, the gears are coming from China delivery to your door takes 4 - 6 weeks also on bigger gears center hole varies from 8 - 12 mm and are 10 mm thick. Cheap 45# Steel but so far reliable, I've ordered my 1 - 3 mod pinion and ring gear, 1.5 mod and 1 mod pinion/spur gears from them and after 68 hrs of bashing on each, I haven't broken them YET. BTW all gears they sent started out rough no need to file them smooth, the gears smooths out after you break them in. Hope this helps you out.


Thanks a lot brother you're the man for this information


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Mod 1 gearing for yeti xl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gearing for Yeti with H/Wing 4000kv byrnieman Axial Yeti 9 09-14-2016 02:05 PM
Yeti gearing quetion. HELP! honchoscaler Axial Yeti 4 11-02-2015 08:39 AM
Yeti Gearing Keola808 Axial Yeti 2 04-03-2015 07:10 PM
yeti gearing on 2s tuba6869 Axial Yeti 4 02-09-2015 04:50 PM
gearing for scx10 with yeti motor cammok5 Axial SCX-10 5 11-07-2014 08:36 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com