Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: tower now says mid august

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: tower now says mid august

Should change thread title to "late Sept" now.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #102
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
The ONLY issues I have had with mine after days of trial running/jumping, being fully submerged under water for minutes on end, and taking a podium in the last U4RC 2.2 Comp Open class with a box stock Yeti is... 2 stripped rear hubs.

Oh yeah, I also lost a body clip during the race.
I thought you ran VP hubs with the stock plastic wheels?

And when you say you "took a podium", how old was the kid that you stole the trophy from? Also, when yo say "Open class" you mean squat to pee class right?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post

And when you say you "took a podium", how old was the kid that you stole the trophy from? Also, when yo say "Open class" you mean squat to pee class right?

I love when Badger gets ornery...
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post

There is a track in Auburn now, so I guess we can see.

I do have VP hubs on plastic wheels... on my other rig.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
I honestly don't think it's an issue with parts breaking, or making changes to the Yeti. We would read about the same consistent part breakage on all of the Yeti threads.
There is a lot of different variables that can contribute. Harley stated one variable with transportation.
Depending on where the parts are being molded, and if the Yeti is getting assembled in a different location, there could be supplier issues.
I work in the plastic injection molding industry. We (the company I work for) have issues with our plastic resin suppliers at times. We also have unexpected issues, in house, with our molds and machines. A lot of variables go into making a finished product.

Sure, the Yeti's that have been shipped are production Yeti's. If Axial is having issues with molding and assembly, transportation, or whatever it may be, maybe they want to have enough stock to ship to retailers. Rather than sending Tower Hobbies 8 or 10, sending RPP 8 or 10, TCS gets 8 or 10, etc.

Yes, it would be very helpful and informative if Axial would clue us in to what the issue is. They don't have to be detailed, but a general explanation would be nice.

I have $$$ sitting in my Paypal account to buy a Yeti. If it's going to be another month or so, I can use that $$$ on my JK and Deadbolt. I'm impatient when it comes to buying new toys!!!

Do I sit on the $$$ for a month, or do I use it on my JK and Deadbolt???
Decisions, decisions.... LOL!!!

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.
I would wait.

It seems like no one has any patience anymore and live in their own little world of instant-gratification. Yes, we are all antsy and waiting on this rig, myself included, but a couple months really isn't ruining it for me. Once they are here, everyone will get what they want and be happier than an 8-year old on Christmas morning. Build threads everywhere, no one will shut up about it for years. I'm tired of reading all the bitching and threats on here lately. *this part not directed to you 2-shot.*
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #106
RCC Addict

About ocean freight shipping...

As far as I can tell, the fastest ocean going freighter makes it from Hong Kong to Long Beach in about 13-16 days.
Do I assume that mass shipments would need to leave Asia the last week of August to meet the current release projection?
I'm accounting for customs clearance and stateside distribution timeframe as well.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I would wait.

It seems like no one has any patience anymore and live in their own little world of instant-gratification. Yes, we are all antsy and waiting on this rig, myself included, but a couple months really isn't ruining it for me. Once they are here, everyone will get what they want and be happier than an 8-year old on Christmas morning. Build threads everywhere, no one will shut up about it for years. I'm tired of reading all the bitching and threats on here lately. *this part not directed to you 2-shot.*

No offense taken, Ty.

To boil down my novel sized post, it could be issues that's out of Axial's control. It could be something small that's delaying the release, or it could be something big???

I'm not bitching or complaining about it. I just know how I am when it comes to new toys!!! I'm like a 8 year old with money in his pocket!!! It's burning a hole in it!!! LOL!!

I'm sure I'll wait for the release, and not spend it!! LOL!!!

2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #108
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
No offense taken, Ty.

To boil down my novel sized post, it could be issues that's out of Axial's control. It could be something small that's delaying the release, or it could be something big???

I'm not bitching or complaining about it. I just know how I am when it comes to new toys!!! I'm like a 8 year old with money in his pocket!!! It's burning a hole in it!!! LOL!!

I'm sure I'll wait for the release, and not spend it!! LOL!!!

I was TOLD, there is nothing wrong with the product at all, I was told it is simply a transportation delay. I was told they are "on the boat", and door to door is about 30 days for them to hit Tower (aka, Hobbico) who will distribute them out to the retailers like TCS and RPP. Tower customers will most likely see them first.

This is just what I'm told...don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by Harley; 08-04-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Was the boat taken by pirates?

That is good to hear Josh.
A very small dose of clear communication from manufacturer to customer could go very far here though.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #110
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
Was the boat taken by pirates?

That is good to hear Josh.
A very small dose of clear communication from manufacturer to customer could go very far here though.
Hell if I know This is just what I was told, we'll see how it all comes around in the next few weeks I guess.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

I am just using my time wisely while waiting on the word from Tower Hobbies. I have the cash set back for the Yeti. So I am kinda doing as Josh did on the poison Spyder and purchasing a few upgrades I know I will be wanting to add once it arrives. Already have my hubs my wheel and my custom FreqEskin is ordered. Probably going for Carter Fab links. And a few batteries. So I guess it is a long wait but Im sure it will be worth it. Kinda like chasin your woman, you know you will get it but only when they are ready to give it to you.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #112
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I was TOLD, there is nothing wrong with the product at all, I was told it is simply a transportation delay. I was told they are "on the boat", and door to door is about 30 days for them to hit Tower (aka, Hobbico) who will distribute them out to the retailers like TCS and RPP. Tower customers will most likely see them first.

This is just what I'm told...don't shoot the messenger.
Shoot the messenger! Cause that blows...
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Amain lists their pre-order Yeti for 09/04/2014...
dextan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #114
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Honestly there is no comparison between a Stampede and this car. It sucks bad that this car is delayed, but it has to just be a transportation issue. The cars that all of us got are production cars so it's just a matter of getting the rest over here.
You do make a good point (and others have as well). It makes complete sense that with all the hype they have sold all the production models and now there is a bit of lag to catch back up.

Ultimately when I think of off-road I think of something like what I've seen the yeti do in the videos so I will stick with getting a yeti. I'll just look at it like an early Christmas present
Aebous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextan22 View Post
Amain lists their pre-order Yeti for 09/04/2014...
I'm guessing A-Main is banking on people thinking they'll somehow get them in stock earlier than tower and everyone else...

Last edited by gbean; 08-06-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #116

its not like i dont have many other projects and rigs to keep me entertained, but holy hell its just like being a kid and knowing you are getting exactly what you want for christmas and having to just stare at a damn giftwrapped box under the christmas tree for a month.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:35 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
its not like i dont have many other projects and rigs to keep me entertained, but holy hell its just like being a kid and knowing you are getting exactly what you want for christmas and having to just stare at a damn giftwrapped box under the christmas tree for a month.

Ok, before I say what I'm going to say, I mean nothing bad or disrespectful by it.

The wait and anticipation wouldn't be so bad, if there weren't so many of them out there already! I completely understand and respect why the people that have them already, got them. Those guys contribute a lot to the hobby, and have made a name for themselves. I'm not bitching about it, I completely understand.
I envy the people that have them already! LOL!! Just makes it harder to wait when I see the threads of people that have them already! LOL!!!

2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #118

i understand. completely.

its hard to see the cool kids who know somebody at axial already flaunting their yetis around. im just not reading anymore build posts and certainly not clicking on any links that show guys who are bored enough with their yetis to use them as target practice.

but yeah, having the date pushed back while seeing people already having them makes it that much more agonizing. its like watching other kids get to open their christmas presents early.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #119
Scale Detail Engineering

anticipation is one of our greatest gifts...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #120
Quarry Creeper

This box labeled "yeti" is filling up with upgrade parts as i wait...

<<<< Tapatalk HD>>>>
dextan22 is offline   Reply With Quote

tower now says mid august - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@Mid Tennessee SpikeX Tennessee 3 12-27-2009 10:06 AM
Mid-East AL 92PathSE Alabama 2 09-24-2009 08:44 PM
80 to mid 90 f-150 rbl Paint and Body 3 03-17-2008 08:11 PM
Every Sunday in Mid MO JohnRobHolmes Missouri 4 06-22-2005 09:05 AM