Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Rtr=ready to replace???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Rtr=ready to replace???

Just want to share this... Does rtr means ready to replace? Coz if i ran the yeti out of the box i would have wasted a perfectly bnew spur gear. Doing a pre run check is always advised.

The picture is the gear meshing out of the box. It was so loose... Also openned up the rear diff to add grease. Next will be the tranny then the front gears.
difflock120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Rtr=ready to replace???

The first run of any new product is always going to be a little sketchy. I gave mine a quick once-over while charging the batteries and found just a few minor things that needed attention.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #3

I havent ran my yeti yet...still gonna open up the tranny and front diff. Just to make sure. That is why i personally prefer a kit vs a rtr ��
Old 09-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

my spur mesh was a little off, wheel nuts were a little loose, need loctite on front trans output, and my servo horn came a little loose after a few runs. thats all i have had so far.
did loose a hub on the 2nd run. but had spares.
Rob
Rxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I've broken 5 rear hubs only using 2 charge of a 2s. I also lost a driveshaft pin (The one under the motor). I had done a bolts check before run and even put silicon grease in the front diff. The hubs are garbage and I had to order some slw to replace them, at that rate I break 1 hubs at each half 2s pack. (maybe its worth mentioning that I actually drive the truck in rocks since its a rock racer.)
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

When I noticed almost no grease on the rear diff, I pulled the transmission. Same deal. Greased both with VP blue grease
Black n Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I also tried filling my front diff with 100k diff fluid. Leaked all over. Will have to cleanup and silicon it I guess. Is there a better way?
Black n Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The manual clearly says...check screws/pins before 1st run....
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

But the box says "ready to run" right now. Common sense would be check screws. . . But when you see Rtr, you think axial wasn't lazy when they put it together.
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Not enough whining in here. This "my RTR is poopy" crap is getting old. Quit being wussies and figure sh#t out!

I just got a new "kit" from Cross-RC with assembled axles and transmission, body is build it yourself. You think I bolted those axles and trans up and took off? No, opened the parts up to see what was what, did what I had to do, put it back together and kept it moving. I didn't start talking sh#t on the internets cause Uncle Cross-RC didn't grease the axles all the way.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

If you want a truly rtr out of the box then just stick with a plain old traxxas. The stuff they make for the most part you can put a battery to it and drive out of the box. Axial trucks are more geared towards people that are experienced with rc stuff and enjoy working and modding things. I'm sure they will address a few issues that seem to be common with the yetti but even when you buy a rtr scx it can use some tweaks out of the box. That is what makes scale trucks so much more fun then the boring stampedes and slashes that all look and drive the same
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #12

For people who are new to the hobby its more likely that they will run rtrs right away without doing pre run checks coz its says ready to run anyway....But new or old in this hobby, its definitely worth the time to check vital parts/components prior to running...
Old 09-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I say double check everything out of the box, take it apart, put it back together, if you like or not but at least you get a feel of what does what and how the parts works. Also at the same time if you think it needs a little bit more of grease here and there and it will make you feel better when running your rig..
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Lets call it for what it is compared to other axial products... Slapped together.

Maybe the other axial are ok since they don't run as much power, but I never had to replace parts after 5 minutes with any of my other axial or any other brand products... Beside my 2 Team Durango SC. (Like Team Durango, the YETI is extremely well engineered but also suffer from some questionable materials choices on the wrong parts.)

-Best engineered Axial product.
-Poorly slapped together.
-Questionable material choices on critical parts.

If I could only afford the stock YETI and no fix/upgrades, I think I'd complain quite a bit too. I'm a huge axial fan but I won't lie about how I feel.
(FYI I'm 1200$ Canadian deep in my YETI so far just to stop it from breaking and turn properly.)
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #15

Hardly any grease inside the tranny...its better to take it apart and double check everything like what others are saying...
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #16
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by french_connection View Post
If I could only afford the stock YETI and no fix/upgrades, I think I'd complain quite a bit too. I'm a huge axial fan but I won't lie about how I feel.
(FYI I'm 1200$ Canadian deep in my YETI so far just to stop it from breaking and turn properly.)
If you can't afford the parts, you shouldn't buy the rig. Any rig. That's probably the first rule of RC ownership.

wtf have you broken to have already sunk $1200 Canadian into it?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #17
RCC Addict

4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Rtr=ready to replace??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
getting my rtr rubicon 3s ready Justin82 Axial SCX-10 46 01-08-2014 10:35 AM