Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Antenna tube/cable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #1

Default Antenna tube/cable

Where is everyone routing their antenna tube/cable? I notice in most if not all the Yeti pics, I don't see an antenna tube protruding from the body (to be honest I haven't seen one antenna tube sticking out). I haven't touched the antenna or installed the antenna tube out of the box and I noticed I get about 65feet max range before the Yeti stops listening to me...is this normal? Thanks
YETI...Set...Go!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Antenna tube/cable

The Yeti, out of the box has the antenna tube mounted and receiver wire all set up.

This is a 2.4GHZ system, so the antenna is short and so is the tube...won't even reach the body.

If you are having range issues, there are 2 things that happens in 2.4ghz. #1 batteries in the controller are weak. #2 you might have a defective controller or receiver.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #3

Default Re: Antenna tube/cable

lol I never ran my yeti with the stock gear within 20 minutes of getting it I had mine stripped and started adding all the mods I had collected.
JJRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
The Yeti, out of the box has the antenna tube mounted and receiver wire all set up.

This is a 2.4GHZ system, so the antenna is short and so is the tube...won't even reach the body.

If you are having range issues, there are 2 things that happens in 2.4ghz. #1 batteries in the controller are weak. #2 you might have a defective controller or receiver.
Thanks for your feedback, it was my first run yesterday, and I thought it was a bit odd that I could only go so far...I'll run it again today and see if it does the same thing. Will contact Axial if it does. Have a great day binaryterror

Re-binded the receiver and all is good now. I can start driving across the street to the neighbor for a cup of sugar! All is good in the YETI country!

Update: still max range at 60-65feet before Yeti stops receiving commands...called Axial and they are sending me a new receiver and transmitter (they were very helpful).

Last edited by THX_138; 09-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.
YETI...Set...Go!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Antenna tube/cable - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need flexible cable to feed through a tube Fumbles Tools, and Procedures 17 01-29-2014 03:35 PM
Antenna tube. gates59 Redcat Crawlers 23 01-10-2011 06:27 AM
antenna tube? what to use tylerolso Electronics 7 06-25-2010 11:03 AM
Antenna tube ????? horsinaround Venom Creeper 21 04-28-2009 03:16 PM