Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: 2wd prerunner Yeti?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2wd prerunner Yeti?

Hi guys -- my apologies if this has already been covered (did a search and couldn't find a similar concept), but I'm wondering how you Yeti owners think the platform would drive as a 2wd-only prerunner? I was thinking of using it as a basis for a prerunner build, with Twin Hammers rear trailing arms to shorten the wheelbase a bit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Steve
pastimesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
Im Brandon

Default Re: 2wd prerunner Yeti?

Would make a great platform. Do it
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I look forward to seeing the build!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #4

I had a dog bone fall out a couple weeks ago, and didnt want to go home yet. So i took the other side out also, making it a 2 wheel drive...It has no traction! Even if you pump the throttle to get it up to speed its a little hard to control. Just my 2cents. I dont know what all your planning on doing to the chassis to make it prerunner but keep this in mind. I am still subscribing, this should be a cool build.
makoroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoroni View Post
I had a dog bone fall out a couple weeks ago, and didnt want to go home yet. So i took the other side out also, making it a 2 wheel drive...It has no traction! Even if you pump the throttle to get it up to speed its a little hard to control. Just my 2cents. I dont know what all your planning on doing to the chassis to make it prerunner but keep this in mind. I am still subscribing, this should be a cool build.
You were running a rig tuned for 4wd as a rwd vehicle. It will not drive right.

He will need to do a lot of test and tune with shock angles, oil, springs, link position, foams, etc. But I certainly see it as a possibility of being a great performer once he gets it all figured out. Everything is there to make it work, it is just finding the right configuration.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

One big issue will be weight over the rear end. I agree that it will likely not perform well. I have a B4.1 RC 10 that I have a Speed Passion 5700 KV motor in. I have to monkey around with the suspension to account for the length of the 550 motor can. That said, it is a freaking beast, it is heavy in the a$$ and gets respectable traction under acceleration, but it is terrible under braking. I imagine your prerunner would be the same. Why not just pick up a beater off of ebay and do it that way? An older RT10T or for that matter, and RC10 as I have works very well and is lightning fast and incredibly responsive.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote

2wd prerunner Yeti? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
2wd slash/2wd stampede trannys hotwheels000 Chit Chat 3 07-14-2014 07:59 AM
Custom tubed 2wd Prerunner jamesbernatchez Non Crawler RC's 43 05-21-2008 01:01 AM