Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: yeti 2.2 motor and esc/battery setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default yeti 2.2 motor and esc/battery setup

Hey
Im building a kit version of the axial yeti and have plans for upgrading suspension and drive parts aswell but im not to sure on the motor and esc to run. Im also fitting the 2spd kit.
I want to build a crazy powered rock racer / desert n formula offroad machine so i was hoping for some info and direction as to what motorand esc combo to go with and battery cell type ie. 4s or 6s.
Im also hoping to get some high wheel speed rock bouncing/crawling lol,aswell out of the low range gear if that is possible with a higher speed motor n esc.?
Thanks heaps guys niv already searched a fair bit on this topic but am looking to get an answer from yeti owners.
Cheers chad
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: yeti 2.2 motor and esc/battery setup

I haven't looked into motors for 4S or 6S so can't recommend anything. Obviously the popular Tekin RX8 gen2 is 6S rated so would be a contender.

I will say I haven't see anyone run a 1/10 Yeti with 6S. It's probably been done but I haven't seen it. I've seen only a few on 4S. Heaps of people are breaking things running them on 3S so I hope you have deep pockets.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
apsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ok sweet mate. Yeah after abit more searching i think 4s would be great.
Iv got the esc side of it understood ok n motors abit but im still not sure on how to select the right motor n turns for the esc and driving im after?
Im not sure on the turns needed to get a fast racer. And if i run a fast motor n power sc setup will it overheat or not work good if i use it for fast crawling in the low range gear?
Its hard to find the right info on this subject.

Also do many people race the rock racer 4x4s in short course truck events? I really want a good fast desert/track racing yeti once finished n modded.
Thanks again
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

How fast do you want to go? I haven't started building mine but according to calculations, with stock gearing and tyres plus the 2 speed with a 3000kv on 3S my theoretical top speed is 75km/h. With the 2 speed it should be slow enough for some crawling as well. I don't expect it'll go that fast but it'll be close. At those sort of speeds stability becomes the big issue.

Personally I don't see the need to go faster than that and where I'll mostly be running it I don't have the room to want to go faster. Everyone's different though so if you want more go for it.

Just remember gearing selection is as important as motor/ESC/battery selection IMO.

I saw from your other post you are at Anna Bay NSW (great area BTW) so have all that sand to play with so to some extent "faster" is just going to be wasted on a low traction surface. If it were me I'd stick with a 3S setup and spend more and multiple wheel/tyre setups. You're going to want some sand paddles in addition to dirt/rock tyres IMO.
apsilon is offline   Reply With Quote

yeti 2.2 motor and esc/battery setup - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
axial yeti motor and esc/battery setup snydas1987 Electronics 5 11-04-2015 08:54 PM
2 motor esc setup superflex Newbie General 4 04-05-2011 07:19 AM
Is This Battery/Motor Setup Retarded? alexchen86 Electronics 2 01-14-2010 08:29 PM